We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline comparison?

Grimsby, United...
Airline comparison?

I was wondering if theres a comparison website for airlines which lists the pros and cons of each airline from different classes such as IFE, legroom, food etc? Instead of having to go round on multiple airline sites and look at different classes and compare them to others?

Came back from Orlando on the 15th August (landed on 16th) with Air Canada (Orlando > Toronto > Toronto > Heathrow) and British Airways (Heathrow > Manchester) (outbound aswell just the otherway round ofc). And both was great in economy, food wasn't good but eatable but as we're thinking going again prehaps next year maybe in april this time (weather was awesome btw! only 'bad' storm we had was our leaving gift on the 14th) and thinking of going Premium economy or Business this time for the extra space so we can stretch our legs just so we can be comfortable.

There probably isn't any sites which compares such things but any recommendation for your preferred airline (ones that can do direct from Manchester, Gatwick or Heathrow if possible) is more than welcome. The more information regarding classes with different airlines the better!

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
1. Re: Airline comparison?

Seat Guru does an okay job of it - various comparison charts, e.g. www.seatguru.com/charts/generalcharts.php

It's objective, not subjective - one person's fave IFE might be someone else's least favorite.

Grimsby, United...
2. Re: Airline comparison?

That's true but i'm not really fussed about what's on IFE, was more of an example. Looking at that chart on Seatguru, Virgin Atlantic would be the better airline if wanting to fly direct.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
3. Re: Airline comparison?

You might try https://www.routehappy.com

(I can't get it to work for me, good luck)

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 265
4. Re: Airline comparison?

That is a cool new tool, daawgon. Thanks.

Queensland
reviews: 129
5. Re: Airline comparison?

For airline ratings and reviews search www.airlinequality.com you will find current reviews on all aspects of airlines from check in, in flight services, catering etc. Airlines are given a star rating. Currently both Air Canada and British Airways are classed as 4 star Airlines (out of 5). Of course people will have differing opinions about this. You can also read and post reviews.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 265
6. Re: Airline comparison?

Skytrax (http://www.airlinequality.com/) is to be used for what it is, an unreliable website. The company is filtering the reviews published to make sure only those in line with the stars they awarded on obscure criteria would appear. So reading a review there might help, but trusting their star system is a complete nonsense!

For instance EK (Emirates) and QR (Qatar) are very similar (I've flown on both). There is no objective reason justifying awarding 4 stars to EK and 5 to QR. Also giving 4 stars to Edelweis air, a charter company, doesn't make sense either, especially if you consider Swiss (Edelweiss owner) is also awarded 4 stars... I could of course continue like this for ever. But I guess I made my point :-)

Frankln Park PA
reviews: 1
7. Re: Airline comparison?

Perhaps peruse flyertalk.com's forums. You won't find the side-to-side comparisons you are looking for but you will be able to chat with people who are well traveled and very knowledgeable about just about everything related to air travel, right down to the food.

Grimsby, United...
8. Re: Airline comparison?

Thanks for the links, will check them out!

Reply to: Airline comparison?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted