We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of Delta Lounge

Simpsonville, South...
Use of Delta Lounge

We are flying to Europe next summer. On the way home, we have a 5 hour layover @ JFK. We are flying Business elite from Rome to JFK, but coach from JFK to Atlanta. Will we still be able to use the lounge? From what I have read on Delta website, it looks like we can, but not sure.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: Use of Delta Lounge

I don't believe you can use the lounge for free at JFK before your domestic coach flight!

The web site says you can use lounges BEFORE your Business Class flight not afterwards.

IF you get the free Delta Amex card you can buy a 1 day club membership for $25 per person.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
2. Re: Use of Delta Lounge

Our experience is to the contrary: you can use the club immediately after an international business class flight. Done it many times, on various airlines, including Delta. In July we used the club at DTW after an international biz class flight. We were connecting to fc class to SEA, but I don't believe it would have made a difference if we'd connected to a flight in coach (flying domestic fc on its own doesn't get you into a club). Best to phone Delta (ideally the specific club).

Edited: 10:32 am, September 01, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
3. Re: Use of Delta Lounge

Please come back and let us know what you find out.

I'd be really interested to know the outcome.

I thought that short domestic flights were treated differently than cross country ones but I'd love to be wrong about that.

Edited: 11:00 am, September 01, 2013
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
4. Re: Use of Delta Lounge

We used the UA club at IAH after an international biz flight before connecting to Memphis (fairly short flight). OP needs to check with Delta, of course.

kentucky
reviews: 39
5. Re: Use of Delta Lounge

You can use your BE boarding pass to access the Skyclubs at T2 mezzanine--not my fave--or T4 (Skydeck and all--stunning!) Both have showers, BTW. You have to clear immigration/customs, then back to either of those terminals. I would go w/T4 for the experience. Have a great flight--BE flatbeds are pretty good.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
6. Re: Use of Delta Lounge

You are not going to be able to access the lounge at T4. The lounge is, with the new security arrangement ( put into effect in late March or so) AFTER TSA security. You can not go through TSA security without a boarding pass. If your domestic flight leaves from T2 ( a handful do) you are in luck. If your domestic flight leaves from another terminal--no entry to T4 post security areas.

7. Re: Use of Delta Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, September 04, 2014