We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Pembroke, United...
reviews: 46
Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

I recently had a return trip from Luton airport to Bucharest OTP with the airline Wizzair. This was my first time flying with them.......and it will be my last!!.

On arriving at OTP for my return flight to Luton, we were delayed. Desk staff did not know what the delay was or for definate how long the delay was. Long story short........we boarded the plane eventually, to which everyone on board was subjected to being stuck in sweltering heat for 2 hours 20 minutes before late take off.

First, there was a fault with the plane's air conditioning. This fault must have been known about as the plane arrived shortly before we boarded, however we were still boarded to suffer.

Then after being told we would depart in 10 minutes, there was then a problem with one of the engine's generators, causing further delay. Then a 3rd delay after being told again we"d be departing shortly: they needed to update their flight plan. Passengers were irate and completely lost trust and faith in the flight crew.

Other mishaps included running out of food onboard; there being only about 20 baguettes and 30 tins of soup available for sale to a plane of 180 passengers. I asked a member of the cabin crew twice regarding purchase a baguette, both times being told to wait, then having to starve as they ran out of stock when the trolley arrived at my aisle.

There was no cash change for paying customers resulting in cabin crew asking passengers for change for their float.

This airline is a comedy show, travellers debating a flight with them dont bother! Use another airline if possible!.

The point of this thread is asking for information and advice regarding whether Wizzair are required to compensate passengers for this ordeal in any way?. Our flight was in total delayed approx 2 hours 20 minutes.

Thanks.

72 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

I assume you booked Wizz because they were the cheapest.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 70
2. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

I am sure you didn't starve.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Hi

Your total delay was two hours and twenty minutes means you were boarded on time and then sat there for two hours and twenty minutes until take off.

This sort of thing can happen with any airline. If a delay of less than three hours will stop you flying with an airline then you will soon run out of airlines.

You know if your car breaks down and the kids keep asking how soon will it be fixed and you can't answer, then it is the same with an aeroplane, asking and asking doesn't help anyone.

I've flown Wizzair a few times and they have always been excellent.

Jackie

Pembroke, United...
4. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Yes, I booked Wizzair due to them being a low cost airline.

Just because an airline is low cost does not mean they provide bad service; I have flown with other budget airlines such as easyJet and Ryanair and have not had any issues.

To Annabelle, I felt physically weak on-board as I had not eaten 4 hours prior to the eventual take off. The flight was then 3 hours in duration. If you want to be literal, I did not starve, but was starving. Despite that, do you still think the food situation was acceptable?!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Hi

It is not the airline's fault if you didn't eat for four hours before the flight, surely you could have bought a sandwich to eat at the airport.

Jackie

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

LCCs usually cater according to what they usually sell on a given route.

Pembroke, United...
7. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

To Jackie, my issue Isnt that the plane broke down, of course all planes need maintainence. My issue is that operational staff knew the nature of the air conditioning defect, yet still boarded everyone, knowing (or should have known) the conditions passengers would face. Some passengers felt dehydrated, asked for free water to counter this, to my knowledge, cabin crew refused and told them they'd have to pay. Despite it being Wizzair's decision to board them.

And just being boarded on time somehow means the flight isnt delayed and makes it ok even though the plane doesn't take off??. We should not have even been boarded!. Maybe thats a loophole for Wizzair?.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
8. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Boarded on not, such a short delay doesn't qualify for compensation.

9. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, September 01, 2013

10. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, September 01, 2013

Reply to: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted