We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Sale

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 12
Virgin Atlantic Sale

Now on!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

Thanks

Los Angeles
reviews: 56
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

i wouldn't travel with virgin atlantic again if you paid me. paid for premium economy for two to London - what a waste of money - food lousy - they give you a little extra seat room and a bunch of lousy wine, coffee - surly service - dirty lavatories - never again.

Canterbury, United...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

I agree entirely, just flew with them to the West Indies in premium economy. Seats had less room than economy with many other prime airlines, service was disgusting and the food whilst passable on the way out was so bad on return flight that I was ill. In economy on Air Malaysia you get juice, roll and butter, fruit and a choice of breakfast, coffee ans an offer of refills, On Virgin a pathetic tray with an omelette and baked beans, no roll, no juice, and no offer of coffee refill. On the way out the cabin crew were pretty good but on the way home they were truly disgusting and there manner was dreadful. With dinner I asked for a glass of water as I needed to disolve tablets, the steward reached down and got my bottle of water I had in the magazine rack and said why did I need a glass of water. Agter dinner no coffee offered just tea or the most disgusting watered down hot chocolate I have ever had in my life and twice the steward pored it over my husband not into the cup. Did he offer to mop it up or give him a damp napkin - no way, not even an apology - fortunately a stewardess behind him noticed and followed through. Later he then spilt water over my husband when collecting the trays - again no apology! I asked for drinks twice in the night but nobody ever bought them to me, overall it was a fiasco. The girl at the check in desk at Gatwick was the best and most helpful person of the lot - from there it went downhill pretty fast. I will also agree that the state of the lavatories was totally disgusting and being up front of the cabin I even popped into the Upper Class ones and they were no better. The rear lav had a toilet roll hanging from the wire at floor level which I mentioned at the start of the flight, it was never fixed! Never ever again - spoke to an upper class passenger when waiting for bags and he said he had better service and food in economy with BA. Splashing out on Premium was to have been a treat but I would never ever fly with Virgin again.

UK
reviews: 85
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

Seats had less room than economy with many other prime airlines

----------

Please name any mainstream airline that has more than 38 inches pitch in economy.

Canterbury, United...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

Its not just a case of pitch referred to in my statement, I should have been more precise - its width, general comfort of the seat, the space to move when someone is fully reclined in front of you. Compared with a 13 hr flight in the 2 row seats in upstairs economy in Malaysian Airways airbus with all the window side room with the large lockers etc, comfy footrest we had a better experience than an 8hr flight with Virgin. Yes its personal opinion but in comparison with premium upgrades ie EVA Air it is pretty pathetic and the service was the worst aspect. Yes the touchscreen viewing is good but it took them 2 hrs into the flight to get mine working and even then the handset did not function. Little things mean a lot!

London, UK
reviews: 112
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

I agree with OnlymebytheSea on Virgin's premium economy seats. Technically speaking, the pitch is fine. In fact, when you walk onboard, the seats look great; wide, bags of legroom, an oversized armrest between the seats so plenty of elbow room too. Nice purple leather. It's all good until the seat belt signs go off and the person in front reclines. Then, unless you're short, your knees will be pressed uncomfortably against the back of the seat in front, which is not what you expect in Premium Economy. And I'm not supertall - I'm 5'9". The old-style Virgin PE seats had OK legroom, as do BA's PE seats. But the refitted Virgin ones just seem to recline so far that you get very compromised legroom unless you're in the front row, whatever the stated seat pitch may be.

UK
reviews: 85
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

width, general comfort of the seat, the space to move when someone is fully reclined in front of you

-----

In that case, I see what you mean, this isn't the first time I've read people complain about the extreme recline on Virgin PE lessen the effective room you have.

8. Re: Virgin Atlantic Sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 am, September 15, 2014