We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

Houston, Texas
reviews: 306
3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

If you are going to get a combo of Airline Tickets and a Hotel or even Car which site would you say is the best to use?

Expedia

Travelocity

Priceline

Orbitz

Hotwire

Any Others

London, United...
reviews: 491
1. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

I often use Expedia as they give me some points, but they are almost same. Some sites sometimes offer a better deal so just compare prices or flying time and decide basically.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
2. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

Have you checked the airline sites. Some offer air/hotel and/or car packages as well as flight only tickets.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

Usually one of those websites are better than the other for different catagories, Priceline isn't good for flights but are very good for hotels especially the "Name your own price" deal and generally it's always best to book flights direct with the airline because if a flight changes the time or cancels the airline will sort out new flights whereas if you book with a 3rd party you only have to read the rants on here to know that it can be a big problem trying to sort it out.

However if you're asking me which of the above I would choose it would probably be Expedia

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 58
4. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

If you had to use them for hotels, I would consider a couple of them.

For airline tickets, I'd book direct with the airlines.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 151
5. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

I use booking.com fairly often for hotels as the rates are usually good, the site is easy to use and I have always had a good experience with their service. I never use third party sites, however, for airfare; I always book directly with the airline.

Exeter, United...
reviews: 45
6. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

I certainly have not heard of any criticism of 'any others'. Maybe it's a new site?

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

Expedia or Ebookers, but always research whether I can do the combo cheaper separately.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
8. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

Of the ones you listed, I think they are all about the same. I have used them all except Hotwire. I've only used Priceline as a normal booking service, not the bidding part of it. I don't remember noticing major differences between them.

There are lots of posts on this forum about why it's better usually to book direct with the airlines for flights so do some searching for opinions on that topic.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
9. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

I'd happily use all of the ones you've listed.

baltimore
reviews: 61
10. Re: 3rd Party Sites - Which is the best of them?

You should also consider Cheaptickets. I have used them many times and have been happy with the prices and service I received. They are a sister company of Orbitz. I usually find the prices a few dollars cheaper on Cheaptickets then Orbitz.