We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

UK - Lancashire
Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

Hi all

I've seen a lot of reviews for the Thomson Dreamliner Premium section but not so many for the economy section. Can anyone give a review on the economy section please? (£519 each on my dates for premium which is way too much!) Please advise any good or bad seats, ie those without windows.

Also I have paid to prebook seats which it says is 90 days prior to your return date - does anyone know whether you can prebook your outgoing flight seats 90 days prior to departure? Or do you book both ways based on your return date? (Hope that makes sense!)

And another question! - we are flying to Cancun - can anyone comment on how much shorter the flight time is with the dreamliner? Any significant difference?

Many thanks.

Gina

1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

Hi, you can only book seats for both ways on 90 days from your return date, it came on at midnight when i booked mine last week.

From the point of seating from what i have read row 37 has no windows.

No idea about the flight time, i will find out when we go to Cancun in November.

2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

Hi, you can only book seats for both ways on 90 days from your return date, it came on at midnight when i booked mine last week.

From the point of seating from what i have read row 37 has no windows.

No idea about the flight time, i will find out when we go to Cancun in November.

Derby, United...
reviews: 33
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

Regarding flight times to Cancun on DL... we flew out a couple of weeks ago and it was 9.5 hours going and 8.5 hours returning. My daughter flew out the following day and her her flight times were the same, give or take 5 minutes.

As for seat selection just steer clear of row 37 as it has no window. No windows in row 30 and row 7 either but they are premium and extra legroom so dont worry about those.

London, UK
reviews: 116
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

Gina - don't worry about having to fly in economy on Thomson's Dreamliner. Although I didn't notice the seats being any wider than normal, there was much more legroom than usually get in transatlantic economy, even on scheduled carriers like BA and Virgin. I'm tall with long legs, and even when the seat in front was reclined it didn't touch my knees. And the cabin feels much roomier and lighter than on older aircraft. I was very impressed. Premium is even better of course (comparable to old-style business class before flat beds arrived) which is probably why Thomson are charging quite a lot for it, but I think you'll be impressed (and comfortable) even in economy.

Kent
reviews: 41
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

i'm flying economy to cancun too and when a large friend come back from florida she said how spacious it was for her son and hub, both over 6 feet tall, i never pay extra for premium as i can have another holiday for that!!

UK - Lancashire
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

Great replies everyone, thanks very much. I'm reassured that economy will be fine and the flight time is much better than the 10+ hrs quoted in the brochures. 13 weeks and counting! Happy holidays everyone. Gina

7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner economy and prebooking seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 31, 2014