We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fold up bikes

London
Fold up bikes

I am wanting to take a fold up bike on hand luggage. Is this possible if it is in a bag?

I cannot tell dimensions, but can find out if this helps.

In case this makes a difference, the flight is from uk to Spain.

I do not want to check it on the plane as I would not like to see the bike damaged.

Looking forward to hearing your advise.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
1. Re: Fold up bikes

Check the airlines webpage for size and weight-regulations and then see if the fold-up bike is within those limits.

Madrid
reviews: 7
2. Re: Fold up bikes

Most airlines have special conditions for the carriage of bycicles,including tyres to be deflated etc.You have not given enough information,which airline/route etc,but it is pretty unlikely to be allowed in the cabin unless the special conditions have been complied with.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 45
3. Re: Fold up bikes

I'm with rapidex.

How small is your bike exactly?

With the availability of both padded soft bags as well as hard cases, I'm no sure the airlines would permit bringing onboard a bicycle as carry on luggage. I certainly have never seen t before.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Fold up bikes

Hi

Which airline, how much does it weigh, and the exact dimensions when it is folded and placed in a bag?

Otherwise the question comes across as how long is a piece of string.

More info needed.

Jackie

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
5. Re: Fold up bikes

I don't think a bicycle even when folded down will be within the cabin size hand luggage dimensions, I think you'll have to check it in the hold.

6. Re: Fold up bikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 28, 2014