We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

Australia
reviews: 28
3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

Cannot find anything specific on TSA website.

Can anyone provide info/link that defines how many bottles you are allowed in the specified size bag. For example I want to take 6 x 24ml bottles containing the same liquid.

Is it a case of take what you want provided each bottle is less than 100ml and they all fit in the bag?

Thks

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
1. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

I've never heard of a limit on the number of bottles, as long as they all fit in that ONE bag, and each bottle (or tube) holds no more than 100ml. So, yes, take what you want. Your bottles don't have to be "original" or labeled, just no larger than 100ml. For instance, I sometimes use an old hand lotion bottle (no label but smaller than 100ml) for sunblock. Some items in the ziploc bag might be toothpaste, hair gel, lip gloss, etc., so not just bottles.

Some people thought they could carry a larger bottle, so long as it didn't contain more than 100ml -- but no, you can't do that. Same for nearly empty, but originally larger, toothpaste tubes. The container size is what TSA goes by.

www.theoptimistictraveler.com

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
2. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

The baggy is quite small so not sure 24 bottles of anything will fit into it.

There is no limit on how many bottles you can take BUT they all have to fit into one baggy per person.

Australia
3. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

I want to take 6 x 24ml bottles, not 24 bottles.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
4. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

SORRY! IF they fit into the baggy then no probs!!

Australia
5. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

Thanks for replies

Illinois
reviews: 16
6. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

The bag has to close completely too.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
7. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

Yes, as long as they fit completely inside the baggie and the baggie can be completely closed, you'll be fine.

8. Re: 3-1-1 rule multiple bottle question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 26, 2014