We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapoair

New York City, New...
reviews: 22
Cheapoair

Just booked an open jag flight from GVA-CDG-YUL and then JFK-CDG-GVA (all via Air France) - got a decent price for the season and hug choices.

When I paid for it, the site offered something called "Enhanced Seat Assignment Program" for $11.95. I decided to go for the bait. What a rip off - there was no offer of seat choices, there's no mechanism to employ the offer other than pay for it. I did call their service desk and was told that sometimes the airlines will lock their seating assignments so they cannot use the program. She politely refunded the money but then the agent asks me why didn't I spend the extra $6 to upgrade my travelers insurance and she'll be happy to do that now? Geez, they really don't let it go!!! I'm very wary of this site now.

7 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Cheapoair

There are several complaints in this forum. 'Cheapo' - the name says it all;-)

New York City, New...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Cheapoair

I think I'm going to open my personal website and call it suckerdon.com!!!! My mother always chided my father, "Larry, you buy cheap, you get cheap." One would think I'd learn!

Edited: 3:16 pm, August 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
3. Re: Cheapoair

Your mother was - sigh - right.

For future reference, should you book with any third party agent (expedia.com, travelocity.com, orbitz etc) keep in mind that seating policies are set by the airlines, not by the third party agents. AF, KLM, LH, UA, AA, BA, NZ and more: all have their own seat selection rules, plus or minus fees for some seats.

As far as cheapoair.com's upselling of insurance, no comment.

uk
reviews: 13
4. Re: Cheapoair

That actually made me laugh Don, someone actually taking responsibility for his " cheapness" fair play to you, and you should know Mothers are always right lol

Deb

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: Cheapoair

With a hat tip to Lally Stott and Middle Of The Road ….

♪ Last night I bought a ticket singing a song, Ooh-we chirpy chirpy Cheapo

Woke up this morning and my ticket was gone, Ooh-we chirpy chirpy Cheapo, Chirpy chirpy Cheapo Air ♪

♪ Last night I booked a flight LA Singapore, Ooh-we chirpy chirpy Cheapo

Cheapo just called me wanting five hundred more, Ooh-we chirpy chirpy Cheapo, Chirpy chirpy Cheapo Air ♪

♪ Cancelled my booking now I want a refund, Ooh-we chirpy chirpy Cheapo

Cheapo keeps telling me it takes three-ee months, Ooh-we chirpy chirpy Cheapo, Chirpy chirpy Cheapo Air ♪

♪ All together now,

Where’s your money gone (where's your money gone)? , etc ♪

Edited: 4:49 pm, August 24, 2013
uk
reviews: 13
6. Re: Cheapoair

I am now depressed as I realise I remember the original of that song lol

Deb

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Cheapoair

Simply stunning version of a classic USBT - A lyrical work of art. Good work!

Reply to: Cheapoair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted