We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name changes

Coventry, United...
Name changes

I wish to change a name on my travel details & I am travelling with 2 different airlines, will I be charged by each of them.

Edinburgh
reviews: 4
1. Re: Name changes

Depends who you are travelling with and how long it is till your departure. Most airlines can and do charge but it's worth asking nicely if they can do if for free.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Name changes

Is your booking on one ticket or two separate tickets? If the latter, expect to pay twice. Note that some airlines do not allow name changes.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Name changes

You really need to check the terms and conditions of your ticket. No one on here will know the answer if you don't name the airlines.

Also did you book through a third party agent? Those babies sometimes have their own nice little charges that can bite you on the backside when you need to change anything.

Coventry, United...
4. Re: Name changes

We travel on October 5 with Monarch & return on October 13 with Ryanair. This was also booked through E-Dreams.

I am aware of what each airline charges but was wanting to know if both apply in these circumstances, each airline have requested an online boarding pass.

Loughborough...
reviews: 19
5. Re: Name changes

If Ryanair find out you have booked through e-dreams then changing names is the least problem you have, e-dreams are not authorised to sell Ryanair tickets and Ryanair's terms and conditions say they can cancel the booking entirely without any refund under these circumstances.

Really if you have booked a flight in one direction on Monarch and the other on Ryanair, then you will certainly get two change fees, plus e-dreams may charge you a fee of their own. Depends really how major the change is - if it is looks like a different person is travelling then the fee may be as much as the fare was, if it is correcting a spelling mistake Ryanair may do it free or for a very small amount (I know, they can be surprising sometimes).

But in any case as you have booked through e-dreams you're stuck with going through them for changes, this is why people here always advise to book directly with the airlines.

UK
reviews: 88
6. Re: Name changes

Find out how much a new ticket costs buying direct through Ryanair and Monarch.

Make sure to compare that cost with anything that either Ryanair/Monarch or eDreams may charge as it may be cheaper to dump the ticket and buy a new one.

See if you can deal direct with Ryanair and monarch to change,

Next time book direct as its cheaper and less hasle, you've been ripped off already simply by using eDreams.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
7. Re: Name changes

I've a feeling that this may be a *package* (in the loosest sense) that the OP has bought from eDreams. If that's the case not sure buying new tickets will be any good - would the OP lose his accommodation too?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
8. Re: Name changes

As you've booked with two separate airlines you will get two separate charges. Don't forget you also have to pay any difference in fare cost. EDreams may well make a charge as well.

9. Re: Name changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 27, 2014