We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on BA Euro Traveller

perth
reviews: 48
Carry on BA Euro Traveller

Am travelling Gatwick to Barcelona and baggage allowance is 23kg per adult. However although I can find references on the BA web site, nowhere can I find any indication of weight of hand luggage. I seem to remember someone mentioning 23 kg but that sounds slightly ridiculous! We are flying Emirates to UK so have 30 kg baggage but will have to redistribute some of it before BA flight.

Thanks for your help.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Carry on BA Euro Traveller

It's 23kg.

britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage…

Loughborough...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Carry on BA Euro Traveller

But note the bit that says "you must be able to lift the bag into the overhead locker". It's no good bringing your bag of gold bars on board and expecting the cabin crew to do the lifting for you.

London
reviews: 21
3. Re: Carry on BA Euro Traveller

Agree with you AndyW33. On a recent B.A. flight a young lady dragged very heavy, oversized, bag on board. She looked very indignant as neither cabin crew or myself, sitting nearby, offered to help her.

Had this bag slipped, whilst being pushed in or removed, from overhead bins could have caused very nasty accident.

perth
reviews: 48
4. Re: Carry on BA Euro Traveller

Thanks for all the info.

If only I had some gold bars.......

5. Re: Carry on BA Euro Traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 26, 2014