We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

Luton, United...
reviews: 18
Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

My itinerary says there is a 1hr 45min stop in Brisbane each way. Can we get off the plane or must we sit in our seats on the tarmac?

If we can disembark, is this enough time to be worth a visit to the Business Lounge (even if just to stretch our legs)?

Whangarei, New...
1. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

Yes you can get off the plane, in fact I think you have to.

Im not sure about the business lounge but I think from memory it's right near the gate so it shouldn't be a problem.

Luton, United...
2. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

Brilliant! Thanks very much, TheQuinnys!

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
3. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

You won't be on an A380 but a B777. The A380's only go via Melbourne or Sydney.

You do have enough time to visit the lounges and grab something to eat. We'd a bit less than that in Melbourne (flight took off late from Auckland) but still had enough time to get something to eat and drink.

The EK lounge is right beside the game but you'll need to go through International Transit first (and security so watch your 100mls!) before heading to the lounge and then back onto the plane.

Luton, United...
4. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

Odd, because we were originally scheduled to be on the 777, but it's recently changed to the A380 all the way.

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

The A380 will start to fly to BNE on the 2nd October 2013. Presumably you are flying after this date otherwise it will still be the 777.

Brisbane Aus
reviews: 92
6. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

Yes, they have been advertising the A380 is coming to Brisbane. We flew on one from FCO to DXB. It certainly is very quiet in comparison to other planes. You will disembark but depending on arrival times etc you may not have time to go too far.

Luton, United...
7. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

Thanks everyone for your help. We fly on 31st Dec, so will be celebrating not only New Years on the flight, but also the first day of my retirement!

Champagne WILL be drunk....

Edited: 4:34 pm, August 25, 2013
8. Re: Emirates A380 Dubai-Auckland, Auckland-Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 27, 2014