We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 4
Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

Would like to check if it is possible to bring 1 laptop and 1 ipad in my carry on luggage. I will be flying through a couple of the UK airports and also through a couple of the US airports on Delta and US Airways.

29 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

You'll be fine as long as you remain within the airlines carry on limits in terms of size/weight/number of items.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 4
2. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

I will put both the items in the same carry on bag (or the ipad in my purse), but it's definitely within the usual 1 purse and 1 carry on bag limit.

They wouldnt be questioning why I am travelling with basically two electronic items, right?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 69
3. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

I often travel with many electronic items in my carry-on and have never been questioned - I often have a laptop, a smartphone, a digital camera, and a dive computer and have never had that been questioned. I'm sure that other hardcore travellers have even more.

Finland
reviews: 10
4. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

Two electronics items is little compared to what people often have! If you had half a dozen Ipads then the customs might ask what they are for.

London, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

No of course they won't ask,,,why would you be concerned they would?

I regularly travel with laptop, iPad, iPod and blackberry, as long as it's within the size and weight limits it's fine.

UK
reviews: 87
6. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

They wouldnt be questioning why I am travelling with basically two electronic items, right?

---------

LOL. My last but one flight I had a laptop, two iPads (one a mini), a kindle and an iPhone.

Why do you even think there would be an issue?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
7. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

Be aware that if you are flying on a low cost airline like Ryanair or Easyjet you will need to put all the items (including your purse) into the one carry one bag. Unless you have medical equipment you can only take one piece of cabin luggage on with you and the sizes and weights vary from company to company so best to check before you turn up at the airport as it could cost you extra.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 36
8. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

I occasionally fly with a microwave, fridge and tv and hasn't been a problem.

No seriously, you'll be fine. In this day and age, you're travelling light. As mentioned by many, frequent travellers especially corporates would carry double that.

Edited: 3:24 pm, August 21, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 66
9. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

A laptop and an iPad is not uncommon, and as long as you stay within the guidelines of every airline you'll be using you'll be fine.

I always have these 2 items, plus ipod, iphone, never had a problem.

UK
reviews: 87
10. Re: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad

I occasionally fly with a microwave, fridge and tv and hasn't been a problem.

---------

Do you by any chance fly from Miami to Brazil? That sounds like a typical hand luggage on the Brazilian airlines checkin desks at Miami airport :-)

Reply to: Carry on luggage - 1 laptop and 1 ipad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted