We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honesty at IAH, from United.

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
Honesty at IAH, from United.

I've been sitting in terminal B of IAH for a few hours waiting to fly on to MSP, and have found the announcements very straightforward and honest. Little regional jets fly from B, and the banter is constant. Mixed with the usual gate calls, etc. I have heard "We are awaiting crew ,. . . We need to get a tray table fixed . . . The airplane has been determined to be out of service and we are looking for an equipment swap. . . . We have overbooked the flight to Charleston and have a $500 voucher for a volunteer that will fly three hours later." Like wise, in BJX in Mexico early this morning, the twenty minute delay of my flight was due to "waiting for a crew to arrive," in Spanish and English. United seems, here and now, to be pretty honest about their shortcomings. I mention this because it seems we often hear "we sat there for XXX minutes/ hours and no one told us what was going on."

Palmetto, Florida
reviews: 10
1. Re: Honesty at IAH, from United.

Ah'm sure nihn out of tehn times it's not United the company that's bean' honest. Pretty sure it's the local Texan way of talkin'. Just so ya'll visitors know.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
2. Re: Honesty at IAH, from United.

"Just so ya'll visitors know."

A-hem... that would be "All Y'all visitors know."

United, and CO before them was almost always forthcoming with explanations when they have had them. The problem is that people either don't hear the explanation or they doubt it when they do hear it. Every passenger seems to deem themselves an air travel expert. I had to laugh yesterday at somebody posting on the American Airlines page that they had a phone app that showed them the weather radar and American was incompetent because they didn't take off when the storms were so "little".

3. Re: Honesty at IAH, from United.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 20, 2014