We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow, terminal transfers?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
63 reviews
Heathrow, terminal transfers?

Hello,

Anyone know how to and how long it takes to transfer from T1 to T5 at Heathrow? Our luggage is thru checked.

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
12,370 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Heathrow, terminal transfers?

The booking should allow a minimum of 90 minutes.

As you haven't given much information to go on I will give you the general Flight Connections link.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Heathrow, terminal transfers?

The 90 minutes wirewiper mentions as the official minimum assumes you will also have the boarding passes for the second flight. We might be able to help more if you could say which airports you are flying from/to and on which airline you're arriving. It's a safe bet you're leaving on BA or Iberia!

Edited: 3:03 pm, August 18, 2013
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Heathrow, terminal transfers?

Thanks guys, arriving from Dublin on Aer Lingus and departing on BA .

uk
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: Heathrow, terminal transfers?

90 minutes is the recommended minimum but it is possible to do it in less time - I have on many occassions.

UK
Level Contributor
47,876 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: Heathrow, terminal transfers?

Arriving on Aer Lingus listen up for announcements just before or after landing, I've been on these flights where they tell the passengers transferring to wait because they will be bussed directly to their departure terminals. As I haven't been transferring I haven't experienced the transfer myself but it would I am sure be quicker than getting off the plane and following the standard Flight Connections route..

6. Re: Heathrow, terminal transfers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 20, 2014