We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U.S. Airways

Hertfordshire
reviews: 30
U.S. Airways

Please can anyone tell me how good U.S. Airways are as we have never travelled with them before, regarding flight delays, food and leg room.

Thank you

40 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
1. Re: U.S. Airways

Good transatlantic. More of a Bus service domestically.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: U.S. Airways

You don't say the route but if you check out www.airlinequality.com you can get recent reviews.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 59
3. Re: U.S. Airways

I flew on over 150 flights on US Air in the past 12 months.

They are a standard US carrier- nothing is that much better or worse than any other airline. Although they are a legacy airline, I do find Delta's service to be better. US Airways has a good/average on time rating (>80% on time flights). Charlotte is a nice airport to connect through.

If flying coach domestically, you will pay extra for bags and special seating. I strongly disagree it will be like a bus. Bus travel does not offer free beverages, assigned seating, or a safety presentation.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
4. Re: U.S. Airways

Bus as in utilitarian, rudimentary, bare-bones. Busses don't fly. The analogy is conceptual.

kentucky
reviews: 39
5. Re: U.S. Airways

I agree with your assessment. I know a pilot spouse who refers to her husband as a "bus driver"--he's a pilot for SPIRIT AIRLINES!!! Makes a bit more sense now. I dislike her choice of title--how demeaning for ANY pilot.However, in our pilot wife forum, she never mentions that he flies for Spirit...curiouser and curiouser...

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
6. Re: U.S. Airways

I understand. I turned down a job with a large evil empire company this year because my wife said that we would never tell anyone where I worked.

Hertfordshire
reviews: 30
7. Re: U.S. Airways

Thank you all for your information i will check the web site that you have given, Chrella.

Sarasota, Florida...
8. Re: U.S. Airways

DO NOT FLY U.S. AIRWAYS!!! We boarded a large, full plane in Denver connecting in Philly on the way to Tampa. We were then informed that the plane had to stop in Kansas to refuel. This in turn caused many of us to miss our connecting flights. Customer Service couldn't have cared less! They were super rude and not willing to offer any help at all. SOOOOOOOO we spent an additional $150 for a hotel and then for additional parking at the airport PLUS I had to miss work the next day. One nice thing though, was the bathroom attendant felt bad and gave us 2 $10 food vouchers from United Airways and we used those for breakfast at the airport the next morning. The management(Christopher Bush) and staff of US Airways could learn a lot from the bathroom attendant in regards to compassion and customer service. I WILL NEVER FLY US AIRWAYS again. I'd rather walk.

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 39
9. Re: U.S. Airways

Sorry to hear of your problem flight Kathleen:-(

But you crack on walking....lol...

We've (last week) just flown US Airways from Man-Philly-Orlando, for the umpteenth time.

No problem with either flight & never had issues on previous flights.

Also our next flights are booked for the same trip this October.

As long as the price fits, it's a means to an end..... Just like any flight.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
10. Re: U.S. Airways

Those darn airlines, stopping off to put fuel in the tank instead of just gliding a bit here and there and asking everyone to cross their fingers....

Reply to: U.S. Airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted