We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First class BA

Sitges, Spain
reviews: 62
First class BA

I am lucky enough to be able to use my air miles and go 1st class on BA on a 777 LHR to San Fransisco' Looking at seat guru etc, it is not clear which, (If any?) seats are best for a couple travelling together?

8 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: First class BA

Best is subjective. Wife and I are big window seat fans so always go for window seats in the middle of the cabin, preferably 2K and 3K but 2A and 3A work too. You sure you're on a 777to SFO? It's been a 747 destination for as long as I can remember.

Sitges, Spain
2. Re: First class BA

Thank you! You are correct, we are flying to San Fransisco via Seattle.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: First class BA

"Wife and I are big window seat fans..."

That is somewhat ambiguous now isn't it?

Option one... persons of size

Option two... prefer the new BA 787 for its larger windows

Option three... prefer wider seat cushions

Option four... are oversized mechanical devices that provide air circulation to the aircraft peripheral seating, or

Option five... like to look out windows while seated

;-)

London
reviews: 8
4. Re: First class BA

It's down to personal taste.

The wife and I prefer the middle pairs. They do have slightly more space and point more forwards.

That said the window seats have the nice blinds and mood lights.

It's easier to communicate with the other half in the middle seats as you are next to each other, yes you do need to lean forward slightly to look through to your partner, but I find better than having to get up if you want to chat to the other half either behind or in front of you.

One thing middle seat are better for is dining, using the buddy seat may seem like a romantic idea but it all is a tad too cramped for that.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
5. Re: First class BA

One thing middle seat are better for is dining, using the buddy seat may seem like a romantic idea but it all is a tad too cramped for that.

----------

Have you tried it in New First? It's far more spacious and comfortable than the old seats where you do feel a bit wedged in. On the 747 though buddy dining in NF is a little more uncomfortably, notably in row 1.

London
reviews: 8
6. Re: First class BA

Have you tried it in New First? It's far more spacious and comfortable than the old seats where you do feel a bit wedged in. On the 747 though buddy dining in NF is a little more uncomfortably, notably in row 1.

------------

I've done the buddy seat in NF on a 777 window seat and even though I am slim it's not a comfortble experience. If you've got a middle pair there is more room in the buddy seat, but I think pointless to dine together as you can still chat and have far more room to yourself.

Never experience NF on a 747, but look forward to trying the A380 which is supposed to have more room.

Chester, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: First class BA

Middle cabin seats are best for couples.

Sitges, Spain
8. Re: First class BA

Thank you everyone for your advice, I have opted for the middle seats.

Reply to: First class BA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted