We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Eastern Airline

NJ
reviews: 20
China Eastern Airline

We are flying to Thailand via Bejing on China Eastern later this year. We purchased the tickets through Airfare.com. I have been trying to call China Eastern for several weeks to get the seat assignment, enter frequent flyer numbers and order special meals. I cannot get through. I always get a message that all operators are busy asking to hold, and then after a long hold the line disconnects. I am calling 800.200.5118. I am beginning to get very concerned not being able to communicate with the airline and confirming I am really booked on the flight. Does anyone has any suggestions how to get through to them?

Thank you.

YK

6 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
1. Re: China Eastern Airline

Do they have an office near you that you could go to?

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 196
2. Re: China Eastern Airline

Since you booked indirectly through an online agency, I'm not sure if you'll be able to get seat assignments in advance. Have you tried going to the CE website and typing in your booking number?

Here's a phone number for their NY rep office:

New York: Tel: +1 212 6858685 Fax: +1 212 6858 870

NJ
3. Re: China Eastern Airline

Thank you guys, I called their NY number for weeks already. Cannot get to speak to a live person. It is a perpetual hold and then the line goes dead. I am in New York almost every day and will try going to their office.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
4. Re: China Eastern Airline

You don't get seat assignments before check-in. If you book through a third party, your frequent flyer may not be valid, and you should have ordered special meals with the agency at the time of booking.

5. Re: China Eastern Airline

I had the same problem, on hold forever, left voice mails and sent emails and did not get any responses regarding seat assignments. Couldn't go on their website for seat assignments either. . Very unprofessional. I finally called the outfit ( another story) I booked through and thank god they were able to get me seat assignments. But keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Edited: 1:04 pm, May 09, 2014
NJ
6. Re: China Eastern Airline

PLphx,

despite of my concerns, we had no problems flying China Eastern. We arrived early at the airport (both ways) and checked in with no problems.

Enjoy your trip!

Reply to: China Eastern Airline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted