We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Virgin on christmas day

Manchester, United...
reviews: 4
Flying with Virgin on christmas day

We are travelling to orlando on Christmas day with virgin flights, we were Just wondering hat to expect on the flight as It Is the first time we have flown on Christmas day. I am flying with my husband and 3 children....thanks In advance for taking the time to reply x

26 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

I'm sure they will do something Christmassy... On American Independence Day they gave out cupcakes that looked like burgers... Maybe they will wear Santa hats! Nothing that different really...

Newcastle, United...
2. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

Have flown BA, Emerites and Qatar on Xmas day nothing different to any otherday with all of them although not surprised especially with Emerites and Qatar.

Wigan, United...
reviews: 83
3. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

The cabin crew won't be very festive I imagine as they are having to work for no extra pay instead of spending tine with their families! My friend who works for Thomson hates having to work on Christmas Day, and they never get enough willing volunteers. On the plus side the airport will be very quiet, but bring your own turkey sandwiches as there are only limited shops/catering outlets open.

You'll have a great time when you get there though. We spent New Year in Orlando one year and had a fantastic time!

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 89
4. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

I am sure it will be just another routine flight. Maybe with a Santa Hat thrown in.

Manchester, United...
5. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

Awww that sounds nice! I am not all that bothered, It's Just with my children flying Christmas day I wanted a bit of festive cheer but whatever the flight Is like I'm sure we will have an amazing time once we arrive there....Thanks for taking the time to reply x x x

Manchester, United...
6. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

I am not particularly bothered for myself. It's Just with my children flying on Christmas day I wanted a little bit of Christmas cheer. It doesn't matter though because once we arrive we will more than make up for It....Thanks for taking the time to reply x x x

South Pole
reviews: 39
7. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

was on a xmas day flight one year on SQ and they served a full western style xmas lunch. party hats and all.

no crackers of course.

but may be with the 'cutbacks' this sort of thing is no more.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
8. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

"Flying with Virgin on christmas day "

I understand Joseph tried that too. I don't think he fully bought the story either.

South Pole
reviews: 39
9. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

ooooahhhhhhhh...watch out for lightning bolts, GM!

LOL

nottingham
reviews: 10
10. Re: Flying with Virgin on christmas day

We flew with Virgin on the day of the Royal Wedding and they served Little extras with meals. So lets hope they would do the same on Xmas day.

Reply to: Flying with Virgin on christmas day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted