We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TAM Airline

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
TAM Airline

I am seeking economical ticket to Buenos Aires and I found TAM Airlines with the best one.

Does anyone have had an experience with this airline? . Response will be appreciated. Beatriz

12 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: TAM Airline

No personal experience but you might find some information here.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/tam.htm

uk
reviews: 73
2. Re: TAM Airline

I've flown Them BC and was very happy.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: TAM Airline

Basically, they're like any other long haul airline. Food alright, cabin crew professional, IFE reasonable, seats OK.

Nothing special, but get you from A to B just fine.

London, UK
4. Re: TAM Airline

I've flown them six times business class London - Sao Paulo and v.v. and two domestic flights.

They're clearly not a leading global airlines, but neither are they terrible. The food was good, the FAs were not pro-active but brought anything when asked. English skills were poor (widespread in Brazil) and some FAs didn't understand at all and had to fetch colleagues, even on the intl flights. IFE was on demand, acceptable but not stellar. I had a peek into economy (on the 777-300) and the seats appeared slightly above average for pitch.

Note you'll be connecting in either Sao Paulo or Rio airports which are both truly awful airports, amongst the worst major ones in the world.

London
reviews: 33
5. Re: TAM Airline

They have a huge network. Agree about transfer at São Paulo, laughably badly organised. Random gate changes with no warning, keep your wits about you!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 132
6. Re: TAM Airline

We've flown them and although they're not on the same level as BA Emirates etc they are much better than Iberia.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
7. Re: TAM Airline

I've flown them many times, almost entirely on domestic routes (flew them internationally only Manaus-Miami). Do you have specific questions? Offhand I can't think of any reason to avoid them, especially if you'd have to pay more elsewhere.

I assume you're flying them from the U.S. to B.A. What route? Economy class? They don't fly to Chicago, but their Web site could include United Airlines flights to GRU or GIG and then TAM from there (TAM and UA are in the Star Alliance, though TAM will move to the Oneworld Alliance-- the alliance of American Airlines-- early next year, as a result of its merger with LAN). You shouldn't need a Brazilian visa unless your transit time is over 8-10 hours, but you should confirm that.

Edited: 4:40 pm, August 16, 2013
canada
reviews: 81
8. Re: TAM Airline

they are one of the best around

i have used them extensively while i lived in Brazil last 2009

i have used them both for domestic as well as to Argentina

and lot of my friends have used them to fly into USA from SP

London, United...
reviews: 445
9. Re: TAM Airline

I took TAM from London to Buenos Aires via Sao Paulo a few years ago. I think it was okay overall. Of course, it was delayed bit but acceptable.

Seat assignment from São Paulo to Buenos Aires was chaotic ignoring prearrangement.

Also they screwed up with me over mileage and never came back to me after sending them so many e-mails. Better keep things simple is the best with them.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
10. Re: TAM Airline

If you fly from ORD, you could be on TAM a relatively short distance if you're actually on a flight operated by UA as far as GRU. If you're flying through JFK or MIA, you could be on TAM a longer distance. I doubt you'll be wowed (sp?), but you will survive just fine.

Reply to: TAM Airline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted