We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways premium economy class

London
reviews: 67
British Airways premium economy class

I've travelled BA premium economy (they called it World Travellers Plus) as I booked it almost the last minute and the price of standard economy was almost as expensive as PE class, so I might as well booked that. I have to say the seats were more comfortable and spacious, but everything else really was more or less the same as standard economy. For example, they handed out a dinner menu with starter, main courses and dessert, but everything was just served in the same tray with a tiny box of starter and dessert each. Service wasn't really much different from what I got in standard ecomony either.

Just wonder what your experience is and would you pay extra to travel BA premium economy?

88 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
21. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Maybe Quartz is unaware of what constitutes seven inches

I'm sure there's a dirty joke in there.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
22. Re: British Airways premium economy class

It's all in the mind...

>>>I'm sure there's a dirty joke in there.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 26
23. Re: British Airways premium economy class

BA standard of service is always below average. They are bad even in business class. The cabin crew are indifferent and appear to hate their job, hence they all seem to wear a permanent sulk on their faces.

For me there can only be one reason to fly BA. And that is where the price is comparatively cheaper than another airline for the same seat comfort.

kewlmeister

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
24. Re: British Airways premium economy class

I don't think BA is always bad. Each crew (down to the individual FA) might be very friendly or very unfriendly. You just never know. One time, I spilled wine flying BA business class, and the FA really went out of her way to help me wipe down every inch of my seat.

I never particularly liked QF's service actually. Lots of male FA's who seemed to like tossing trays around. I also remember taking a little more time to fill in the breakfast order sheet in business class, and the FA almost wanted to rip the sheet from my hands.

CX, despite the better looking crew who are younger, are often either robotic or too passive.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
25. Re: British Airways premium economy class

'BA standard of service is always below average' Over how many flights have you gathered information to ascertain this?

'They are bad even in business class' Can you define 'bad', and tell us how it applies to crew's behaviour in Club World?

'The cabin crew are indifferent and appear to hate their job' Syntax error notwithstanding, that's a subjective opinion, not a fact.

Without further information, it's just words on a screen.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
26. Re: British Airways premium economy class

BA standard of service is always below average. They are bad even in business class. The cabin crew are indifferent and appear to hate their job, hence they all seem to wear a permanent sulk on their faces.

Having flown BA in every class of travel from Concorde to domestic shorthaul flights on hundreds of flights, the vast majority of which are in premium cabins, I can't really agree with your view. Sure, there are a few sulky ones but to me that's the law of averages. It seems a bit ridiculous to claim that thousands of employees are all sulky and hate their jobs!

London
reviews: 73
27. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Probably has had one or two bad flights with BA and extrapolated this data point to infer that they are bad, every route, every time in every cabin.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 40
28. Re: British Airways premium economy class

I'm flying BA PE to South Africa next month...

I will be interested to see what its really like after reading this thread.

The Air Canada A330 that lumbers between Calgary and London threatens to fall apart on every take-off and landing...its not fun, but it seems to manage the trip ok.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
29. Re: British Airways premium economy class

The issue when it comes to service is we expect everything to be always perfect. However, when something goes wrong, those are the instances we tend to remember. I think most frequent fliers who have flown a number of airlines understand that so they have more tolerance and at times, even sympathy for the crew.

Alexandra Headland...
reviews: 5
30. Re: British Airways premium economy class

Looking forward to travelling with both BA and QANTAS in PE in late October early November and then posting my experience most of these comments have been very helpful. Would be greatful to hear more details.

Reply to: British Airways premium economy class
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions