We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking multi citi itineray DC to West

bhubaneshwar
reviews: 1
booking multi citi itineray DC to West

I am trying to book a multi city itinarary for early october

Washington DC -San Fransisco-Las vegas-Los Angels-Washington DC.

1 Should I visit Las Vegas ,San Fransico -Los Angels in any particular order ?Can part of journey be better booked by train /road ? All suggestions are most welcome.Any suggestion about low cost airlines would be particularly welcome since I am on tight budget.

2 While fly.com is able to give me such itinerary on Virgin America and American Airlines as well,I am not able to book them through the website of respective airlines.AA has no tab for multicity booking.Virgin has a tab but only two flights can be booked at a time.Any suggestions on how to do it .

3 United website has a feature by which a mulicity itinerary for payment of $8.99 will be held for a week at current prices ,without payment . I could not find such feature on other airline website.Do such features exist on other airlines/How to avail the same ?.My itinerary could be certain within a week or so and I wanted to take advantage of present week Sale before prices go up again,( presently available for about $500)

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: booking multi citi itineray DC to West

"Should I visit Las Vegas ,San Fransico -Los Angels in any particular order ? Can part of journey be better booked by train /road ?" - I would fly initially to Los Angeles and drive to Las Vegas (around 4 hours) when you're ready to leave LA, after Las Vegas fly to San Francisco and then back to Washington DC

"Any suggestion about low cost airlines would be particularly welcome since I am on tight budget." - Check South West who can have cheap fares with no baggage fees.

http://www.southwest.com/

"AA has no tab for multicity booking. Virgin has a tab but only two flights can be booked at a time. Any suggestions on how to do it ." - You can book multi city on AA, on home page click on refine your search and you can then search a multi city route.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
2. Re: booking multi citi itineray DC to West

I believe united is the only one with the hold your fare option for a fee.

The drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles ong the coast highway is beautiful if you have time. You can drive it in a long day or stop at a couple places along the way.

Edited: 6:59 am, August 05, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
3. Re: booking multi citi itineray DC to West

You might consider booking DC to San Francisco and return from LA to DC on one itinerary.

Then book separate inexpensive flights on a carrier like Southwest Air from San Francisco to Las Vegas and Las Vegas to LA OR

book DC to either San Francisco or LA then train or car between LA and San Francisco and buy a separate Las Vegas Flight and then the return portion of your original flight could be from Las Vegas.

There are many ways to do this but you'd have to try each one to see which would be most economical for you.

bhubaneshwar
reviews: 1
4. Re: booking multi citi itineray DC to West

TomC97, wes032, Riff M

Thanks for ur useful suggestions.

5. Re: booking multi citi itineray DC to West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 08, 2014