We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Hong Kong

South Australia
reviews: 6
London to Hong Kong

We are looking to travel from London to Hong Kong on a non-stop flight on Saturday 31st May 2014. The costs vary considerably. Cathay Pacific GBP 634.35, Virgin Atlantac GBP 1,049.25 and British Airways GBP 1,370.25. Should I hold off a while and see if any specials come up or book the Cathay Pacific flight now. All opinions greatly appreciated.

10 replies to this topic
Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
1. Re: London to Hong Kong

That CX flight sounds very good. I'd grab it!

Edited: 9:34 pm, August 03, 2013
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 58
2. Re: London to Hong Kong

Sometimes CX will have promo rates. It depends when do you wanna travel. Year end will definitely fetch higher ticket prices. BA hardly have any promo, i always fly using CX to LHR as it is cheaper. Alternately, you could do a transit which generally has cheaper prices

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
3. Re: London to Hong Kong

For that price I'd grab the fare with Cathay - you might get a lower fare with BA or VA in a future sale but unlikely to be a great deal lower and you are taking a risk by waiting especially if you have limited flexibility over date of travel.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 88
4. Re: London to Hong Kong

Book with Cathay before the fares go up.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
5. Re: London to Hong Kong

I replied to you on the other thread but take the Cathay pacific fare as although the BA and Virgin may come down I can't see them coming down as low as this price on CP

South Australia
6. Re: London to Hong Kong

What does everyone think about GBP 567.75 return London / Hong Kong for May 2014 with BA? Is it likely to get any cheaper? Best one way fare is Cathay GBP 637.05

UK
reviews: 83
7. Re: London to Hong Kong

BA currently have a sale on, that fare seems very cheap to me, personally I'd take it as I don't think it's a one way bet, eg I suspect whilst it might go up or down, its more likely to go up by more than it might go down. Eg for example, it might go down by £50 but probably same odds it goes up by £100. After all there is an effective lower limit because of taxes, duty, fuel surcharge, but no real effective higher limit other than a full fare first clas.

London, United...
reviews: 413
8. Re: London to Hong Kong

GBP 567.75 with BA seems quite a good deal to me. Unless oil gets cheaper, this would be low-end. If you are certain about your travel date, it is a good idea to seal it.

Penryn, United...
9. Re: London to Hong Kong

i flew same route last february with airfrance LHR-CDG-HK for £399 no probs whatsoever

London, United...
reviews: 413
10. Re: London to Hong Kong

May is considered a relatively high season so I don't think any carrier offers 399.

Reply to: London to Hong Kong
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted