We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas A380

high wycombe
reviews: 22
Qantas A380

We are travelling LHR to DXB later in the year. We DH, DD, DS and myself all want to take our own headphones for the IFE, including two pairs of noise cancelling. We would like to know what type of socket there is for headphones in economy on a Qantas A380? Thanking you in advance.

19 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 55
1. Re: Qantas A380

Whenever we've been on a QANTAS flight, including the A380, they have had the type of sockets where 2 prongs insert. You can insert regular headphones into them but unfortunately you can only hear through one ear - really annoying as we too like to take our own!

high wycombe
2. Re: Qantas A380

Thanks LilMissDoti

Can anyone confirm this please?

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Qantas A380

You can buy a converter from Dick Smiths, JB Hifi etc for less than $10 which will convert double socket into a single feed so that you can use your own headphones.

I keep one in my headphone case as my headphones are much more comfortable to wear than those supplied by airlines (unless you're in First Class haha!) and the FAs don't take them off you half an hour before landing!

dicksmith.com.au/tools-hobbyist/airline-head…

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 25
4. Re: Qantas A380

We use our own, they have the standard two prongs. It's only on their domestic planes that use iPads where it is a single prong but they provide a convertor.

I don't know why LilMissDotti has a problem with stereo, we never have had.

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Qantas A380

Oops just realised you're in the UK. My link will at least show you what you are looking for. No idea where you would buy one in the UK but I'm sure they must exist.

Melbourne
reviews: 7
6. Re: Qantas A380

I've had the same experience as LilMissDotti - using my own single prong headphones (eg. Apple) ends up with sound through just one ear if you push them all the way in. I try to fiddle around a bit to get the headphones in the perfect spot for full sound, but usually get annoyed and end up using the provided Qantas ones.

This has been my experience on an A380 travelling Melbourne - London in 2010, LA - Melbourne in 2010 and Melbourne LA return earlier this year.

high wycombe
7. Re: Qantas A380

Thank you all so much for your help. I have found some converters on eBay so think we will make sure we have 4 just in case.

Auckland Region...
8. Re: Qantas A380

hi there to all. i am flying from newzealand to the uk in october on Qantas A380 sydney to london.can anyone tell me how they felt about the flight, service and food ect, as there seems to be conflicting reports out there.I am excited to be going home after nearly 10 years and thought it would be great to fly on the BIG BIRD, so cant wait and look forward to any response from you all.

thanks

steve

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 25
9. Re: Qantas A380

There is ALWAYS a huge difference between comments on this subject ... I personally have never had a problem on Qantas. In fact I have only ever had one bad experience flying ever.

I like Qantas and always will defend them until something negative happens I guess.

Melbourne
reviews: 7
10. Re: Qantas A380

My Qantas experiences have been fine too. I've flown the A380 3 times (Melb-London and then Melb-LA return) and thought it was fantastic each time. Comfort is pretty standard for economy but the entertainment is fantastic, I thought the meals were better than I've had on other airlines, the self-serve snack bar was a nice treat and I have always experienced good service from the staff.

Reply to: Qantas A380
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted