We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Rouge

Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 3
Air Canada Rouge

Has anyone travelled on Air Canada ROUGE? I am a frequent Air Canada flier can anyone tell me the difference between the two?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 38
1. Re: Air Canada Rouge

There's a fair bit of info on the AC Rouge webpage. It's pretty clear that they are holiday destination focused.

www.aircanada.com/en/about/rouge/index.html

Toronto, Ontario...
2. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Thank you, I've read that.

3. Re: Air Canada Rouge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:07 pm, August 05, 2013
La Libertad, El...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Wow people still fly AC, hard to believe.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 38
5. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Always a good idea for businesses to read the posting guidelines for businesses before posting. See the "free of solicitations" section with blue print link to another page.

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/850

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 6
6. Re: Air Canada Rouge

I recently came home from Edinburgh on 'rouge.' In a word, it is TERRIBLE. I was completely unaware of being booked on rouge (nothing in my check-in prompted me for example, and I didn't know Air Canada had launched a subsidiary that got booked as Air Canada.) I was lucky to have been made aware of rouge because of all the chatter by other conference delegates who were in Scotland from Canada, who were also put on rouge and unimpressed. What can I say? The most ennervating aspect was this "wireless entertainment system" that only works on Mac devices, only if you've downloaded the app. So hopefully you've somehow found out about this in advance, because they don't pre-emptively warn you!! You can rent an iPad for $10, which I did. But then this only worked about 50% of the time, and otherwise was hung up / unavailable. This whole system would be a disaster for me travelling with my kids -- we not only are android users, but we don't have 4 devices to keep people entertained on transatlantic flights!!! Other elements: bad food / tiny meals -- make sure you bring food. Incredibly cramped seats on old planes. The attendants are all very young, inexperienced, and many quite surly. Didn't come to my calls for help / attention. There is too much of an effort towards West Jet jauntiness which was very unsettling for an internatinoal flight. Really, there is not a single thing I can say that is positive about the experience.

Ajax, Canada
reviews: 4
7. Re: Air Canada Rouge

I totally agree with all the comments about Rouge. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!

Fredericton, Canada
reviews: 26
8. Re: Air Canada Rouge

abuelo_13 >>"Wow people still fly AC, hard to believe"<<

Is it? I live in Fredericton, the capital city of New Brunswick. Do you know who flys out of YFC? Air Canada and some charter flights south. No Porter. No Westjet. Nobody.

To fly another airline I would have to drive a minimum of two hours away (Saint John) and pay for parking. Air Canada has its flaws but it isn't enough to resort to that.

Don't assume everyone has choice in this matter.

Toronto, Ontario...
9. Re: Air Canada Rouge

I ended up on the Rouge flight to Holguin. It was not bad. The trip there was fine. The flight back was wonderful, left Holguin 20 minutes early, arrived Toronto 1/2 hour early, AWESOME. But the flight crew on the way back! WOW! Inexperienced is an understatement!! No matter what they did they got it wrong. It was actually incredible. Not 1 annoucement was correct, they mad fun of each other when they were speaking over the PA. It was bad. And the uniforms are just god awful. Hopefully ROUGE will go the way side of all the other Air Canada discount airlines.

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 33
10. Re: Air Canada Rouge

NancyLise, I think you need to put things in perspective. Not having a built-in entertainment system would be a disaster? Really? What would you or your kids have done years ago before AVOD? What would you do on one of the many other airlines that don't have in-seat video?

I've never flown Rouge, and I don't plan to either. It's a discount airline, so you get what you pay for and can't expect what you get on Air Canada mainline.

I'm sorry you weren't aware you were going to be on a Rouge flight, but it's made pretty clear on the AC website when booking your tickets which flights are operated by Rouge. And this route has been Rouge since it was launched by AC, so it's not like they switched it at the last minute (in which case, I too would be upset).