We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapo Travel

Illinois
reviews: 1
Cheapo Travel

Cheapo has another name they use - TravelOne. I got three tickets with Cheapo/TravelOne and two days later one of the two airlines involved (both claim the other cancelled a flight) cancelled a flight and then reinstated it and the TravelOne was given several (six) hours to reissue the ticket. They did not and three of the flight segments disappeared on TAM and one disappeared on United. It took ~20 calls to the travel agency (three to supervisors) and 8 calls to the airlines to fix it, but it was only partially fixed. Only one flight segment was added to the TAM itinerary, the two United flights are missing. I called the travel agency again to get them to reissue the ticket as requested by TAM and they said they said a request to reissue the ticket had been sent to both airlines, but it is slow (three days now) getting processed. TAM repeatedly argues with me that they can do nothing, yet TAM has their money. I think the TravelOne/Cheapo outfit is jerking me around. They again asked for another day. One more day and I contact the credit card company to cancel everything.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Cheapo Travel

There are certain rules of life leading to one being a happier, calmer more fulfilled person.

One of the most important of these is, 'never book anything with 'cheapo' in the title'.

Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 254
2. Re: Cheapo Travel

agree totally with MrMarcoos,

"sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you don't"

amazing how so many people come to these forums AFTER they have experienced rip offs and unsatisfactory service from the "too good to be true " deals - instead of checking out the reviews and forum threads BEFORE attempting to book with any 3rd party

"cheapo travel " says it all - buyer beware !

3. Re: Cheapo Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 03, 2014