We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I put his middle name as first on ticket

Seattle, Washington
I put his middle name as first on ticket

I bought a ticket for someone and I put their middle name as their first, and first as middle. It's a domestic flight, not international. Will this be an issue?

The website I bought the ticket from were saying I would have to cancel the ticket and make another flight charging me almost 200 more? If he walks in and shows his ID, will they not let him through?

Edmonton
reviews: 14
1. Re: I put his middle name as first on ticket

The names are supposed to match, so you should really do as they advised. IT would cost more if he shows up and they deny him boarding and he has to buy an expensive last minute ticket anyway.

UK
reviews: 90
2. Re: I put his middle name as first on ticket

If he walks in and shows his ID, will they not let him through?

========

Maybe, maybe not.

If it was you. I'd say chance it.

As its someone else, who presumably wont be able to just buy another ticket on the spot, or why didn't they buy it in the first place, I think you'll have to pony up.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: I put his middle name as first on ticket

Hi

Just out of interest, why did you transpose his names?

Forget the website, that sounds like an online Travel Agent, phone the airline direct and throw yourself on their mercy. Lots of apologies and silly me 's and they may sort it for free.

Jackie

Edited: 3:41 am, August 01, 2013
Reston, Virginia
reviews: 23
4. Re: I put his middle name as first on ticket

I'd chance it. Or better yet, why not go to the airport and ask one of the TSA workers directly?

Edited: 9:39 am, August 01, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
5. Re: I put his middle name as first on ticket

I would do as Jackie says, phone the airline and grovel, start by saying that you really need their help and see how it goes, if you don't get any luck with the first one try the next day as sometimes it depends who you find at the end of the phone.

6. Re: I put his middle name as first on ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions