We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Leeds, UK
reviews: 49
Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

As Reported on sky news, I swore never to use these a long time ago, thats well and truly sealed it for me!

…sky.com/story/1122689/ryanair-raises-hold-b…

36 replies to this topic
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
1. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Not everyone takes hold luggage though, and for those that don't nothing has changed. Everyone has a choice and if you want to take hold luggage it's just another cost, like prebooking seats, meals etc. that you have to factor in when comparing prices.

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 62
2. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

I really don't care how much they charge, all I look at is the final price when I have added all the services I want. That's the only way to compare with other carriers.

Not necessarily a reason not to use Ryanair, there are other reasons not to use them!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Travel light and travel cheap, that's what does it for me.

i haven't used hold luggage with Ryanair since they started charging for it, just like the majority of Ryanair's passengers.

Jackie

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

It's not such a bargain with Ryanair anymore just did a like for like for 2 people plus car plus luggage on a UK to Europe route I often use and petrol,ferrys etc still works out to be about 60% of the cost of flying(saving £200) plus I don't have to hire a car at the other end-adds about 6 hrs each way but at least I can go and leave when I like

Wouldn't surprise me if O'Leary decides to rip out the bathrooms for more seats and tells people to go before they get on board

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

"thats well and truly sealed it for me!"

Why? If the final price is attractive what does it matter how big a part of what you're paying are luggage fees?

Wirral U.K.
reviews: 26
6. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

There is one reason I will never fly Ryanair and I dont suppose I am on my own.

One of the most obnoxious and odious characters I have ever come across.

Edited: 3:01 pm, July 31, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 73
7. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

If they're getting me from Milan (ish) to Krakow for 30 euros, they can be as obnoxious and odious as they want. When I pay for first class service I expect to receive it. When I pay the equivalent of bus fare, I expect only to get from point A to point B.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 90
8. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Ryanair really must be the worst airline for add ons etc to expect folk to travel without hold luggage unless on a short trip is i think very unfair.just one reason why i never use this company.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
9. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

Lots of people can pack light, even for 2 weeks, and people flying for business etc often don't check luggage. If it keeps prices down for those that don't take a lot, it can only be a good thing. For those that don't pack light there are other airlines to choose from.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
10. Re: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!

I for one was delighted with this news as it will keep my hand luggage fare low low low. Just booked a lovely fare to Greece for September today, half the price of the other airlines.

Reply to: Ryanair Raise Hold Baggage 66%!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted