We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From London to Italy

SINGAPORE
reviews: 8
From London to Italy

Hi if I'm taking a plane from London (staying near kings cross) to Italy which airport in London should I take the plane from? And which website to get the cheapest ticket?

10 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: From London to Italy

It depends on which airport in Italy you want to fly to - check matrix for your options.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Once you've decided on the route then buy direct from the relevant airline - buying from 3rd party sites can lead to a lot of pain.

Cornwall
reviews: 9
2. Re: From London to Italy

From that location either Heathrow via the Picadilly line or Gatwick via Victoria are easily accessible.

Of course price will depend on airlne and time of year you are flying. The aforementioned website is a good place to start but always book direct. especially if its a low cost carrier.

Somerset, UK
reviews: 224
3. Re: From London to Italy

If you are going to northern Italy (Milan/Turin), you could take a train and be there the same day. You are minutes from Eurostar at St Pancras and one change in Paris will have you there. It will probably cost you more but it will be more comfortable, more interesting, great views, and an adventure.

http://seat61.com/Italy.htm#.UfjR2cu9KSM

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
4. Re: From London to Italy

Or Stansted via Tottenham Hale or Luton from St Pancras - but if you are going to Paris why don't you fly to "Italy" from Paris rather than returning to the UK, you could even consider an overnight sleeper train (see www.seat61.com)

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: From London to Italy

Don't forget Southend Airport-EasyJet fly from there to Venice 4 times a week,trains go directly to the airport from Liverpool St station

Loughborough...
6. Re: From London to Italy

Should be able to get to London City airport by Underground and DLR easily too. So that's 6 London airports, all with flights to Italy, all easy to get to from Kings Cross. I don't think we'll get much further until the OP tells us where in Italy he wants to travel to.

SINGAPORE
7. Re: From London to Italy

Hi all tks so much for ur replies. Im actually from Singapore and will be going to Wolverhampton (Birmingham) to attend my husband's graduation. After which we intend to go to London and stay near kings cross for abt 2 days. After which we intend to go to any city in europe. Thought of paris 1st. But I think will probably be going to rome. Sorry 1st time going Italy so totally lost on where to go.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
8. Re: From London to Italy

Any city in Europe? Well of course Rome is a great city but Paris will be much easier to get to by train.

You can also then take an overnight train to Rome or a flight from there.

Flying to Rome as said can be done from any London airport so just use a search engine like skyscanner and search from London (any) to Rome (Any) and you will get options.

From Kings cross it will not be too difficult to get to any airport. Where are you flying back to SIN from? Do you already have a return ticket booked as you could get an open jaw to return from Rome?

SINGAPORE
9. Re: From London to Italy

I have not bought the tickets yet. Palm to fly back from Rome to singapore. If train to Rome from London does Eurostar go there direct?

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
10. Re: From London to Italy

Eurostar does not go to Rome at all..only to Brussels and Paris.

Don't you read any replies to your threads?

Edited: 8:12 am, July 31, 2013
Reply to: From London to Italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted