We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow lounges

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 7
Heathrow lounges

We will have a 6 hour afternoon/evening stopover at Heathrow, coming from Edinburgh on our way back to Australia on New Years Eve. We don't have enough points to enter the Virgin lounge, or could we pay to get in there? I have checked the website, and it looks like we can pay to get into a Servisair lounge. It has mixed reviews, and I wonder if anyone here has used it.

I also wonder if we can leave paying to get into it, to when we actually arrive that day. We may have a delayed flight from Edinburgh, who knows what it will be like at that time of the year? This would be my main reason for not booking ahead of time.

Thanks for any helpful advice.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Heathrow lounges

If you've booked Little Red from EDI to LHR T1 you won't be able to use the Virgin Clubhouse at T3 unless you're booked to fly with VS from that terminal building.

If you are flying with VS on the day and decide not to pay for Clubhouse entrance or if the pay per use option isn't available, the No 1 lounge at T3 looks quite good, much better (I suspect) than the Servisair lounges. The Servisair lounges are all right, but nothing spectacular.

London
reviews: 33
2. Re: Heathrow lounges

Just for the avoidance of doubt, is your onward flight to EDI out of T3 on VS? You can only use a lounge (if any available) in the terminal your flight departs from, so if you are switching to BA for a flight from T5 then no lounges are available.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
3. Re: Heathrow lounges

If there are spaces on the day you can pay to use the Virgin lounge in T3. I think it is £60 each but as the others say, only if you are flying on from that terminal.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 7
4. Re: Heathrow lounges

Thank you everyone for your replies. We are flying out of T3 with Virgin Atlantic. If we don't use a lounge, does anyone have any handy hints for a quiet corner (?)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
5. Re: Heathrow lounges

The main seating area at T3 Departures has narrow-ish rows of seats in the middle of what is essentially a noisy shopping centre, with lounges clustered in an area a little away from that main area. The quietest areas are at unused gates, but seats at the gates and the ambience in those areas are as appealing as waiting areas outside Room 101.

www.no1traveller.com lounge at T3 is available for £30 per person when booked in advance. It does not have the bells and whistles of the Virgin Clubhouse but might be worth a go as a New Year's Eve treat.

6. Re: Heathrow lounges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 30, 2014