We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Germania flight change with olympic holidays

reviews: 6
Germania flight change with olympic holidays

Are Olympic holidays ripping customers off?? I booked my holiday with Olympic holidays In September '12 to travel to Kos in August '13 at the time I was told about "extra's" regarding 5kg extra baggage at £7.99 each as the carrier they were using at the time had a hold allowance of 15kg and flight seats together at £10 each, I bought both of these for three of us as was told I would not get them cheaper nearer the time and that I would get piece of mind and wouldn't have to think about it again. Since then our flights have changed to Germania in which they state their baggage allowance is a standard 20kg and also have choosen my seats recently at an extra cost of £2.50 per person each way. I have rang olympic holidays regarding these "extras" I spoke to a rather rude customer service representative who told me that even though I had booked an extra £10 flight seats together even though it was a different airline I would not get my money back she told me to speak to "Reservations" they would explain this to me, I spoke to reservations they said I shouldn't have been passed through to them but did tell me that as I had already booked flight seats together and it should have been transferred through to the new airline so I didn't have to pay an additional £15.00 they told me that they had an outside company dealing with this called Paxport and that I would have to ring them, they are based in Sweden and it would be an international call rate - 15 minutes I waited then I hung up! Since then I have received my tickets which tell me that my luggage allowance is 20kg, I have rang Olympic again to ask them why I have had to pay for an extra 5 kg of hold luggage they told me that you only get 20kg if you book your flight direct with Germania. It seems that there is a big cover up with these extras they seem to have an answer for everything but it doesn't seem to add up. Has anybody else noticed this as far as I am concerned through using Olympic before I have found that thy are only interested in selling you a holiday but once you've paid for it they don't want to know!

Romford, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Germania flight change with olympic holidays

You seem to have woken up and smelt the coffee as far as Olympic Holidays are concerned-there are numerous threads on T/A in respect of their haphazard approach to customer care-still could've been worse they could've put you on a SPA flight, at least with Germania you have a very good chance of leaving/arriving on time!!!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
2. Re: Germania flight change with olympic holidays

When you book a holiday with a tour operator, the tour operator sets the luggage allowance, not the airline you're flying on. The airlines allowance applies if you book direct with them.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: Germania flight change with olympic holidays

Not much you can do as leyland says the allowance is with who you book with.

Dorset
reviews: 7
4. Re: Germania flight change with olympic holidays

I have booked with Olympic holidays (wish me luck as we are flying with SPA) later in August to Rhodes. I telephoned Olympic today as I had read alot about airline changes and I had booked exit seat as my husband and son are very tall!, They confirmed that they had recently had to change some flights, assured me that they would email me if there was a change with mine and if I didnt get the seats I had previously booked then I would get a full refund from Paxport and to keep any receipts if it costs more to book seats on another flight and difference would be paid back to me. I didnt add any extra baggage as we were offered 15kgs (your going to a hot country for a week how much clothing do you really need), but got tickets emailed through and bully bonus 20kg baggage allowance.

Dudley, United...
5. Re: Germania flight change with olympic holidays

we've booked with olympic for next july to corfu and our flights have been changed to Germania. We asked to pre book seats with tour operator and was told Germania dont use this service. I've been reading about people having booked seats with these, can anybody advise me on whats actually true as we have children and dont really want to be seperated on the flight

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
6. Re: Germania flight change with olympic holidays

Whether you can prebook seats will depend on the basis Olympic have booked seats on their aircraft. If they've block booked seats, as lots of tour operators do, Germania won't have details of individual bookings until Olympic release their manifest to them. Often this is only done a week prior to travel. Once they have the manifest, if you have a Germania booking reference, you may be able to prebook seats.

7. Re: Germania flight change with olympic holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 28, 2014