We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

Oldham
reviews: 34
Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

Going away on a package holiday with Thomas Cook in two weeks. I am aware that as a family of 4 we are allowed 15KG each.

So two questions....

1) Can we pool the allowance. 60KG between the 4 of us. So it wouldn't matter if say one case had 20KG and one case only 10KG?

2) As I said we are travelling as a party of 4. Is it ok to take 5 cases with us as long as we don't exceed 60kg?

As for my allocated seats question... We haven't prebooked them. I do resent paying to do this it seems like robbery to me so we will take out chances. The kids are 15 and 12 and then two adults. What are the chances of getting seats together? Also it is better to do the online checkin which opens 48hours prior to depature or going to the airport and taking our chances there?

thanks all. Please help.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
1. Re: Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

1) Yes, as long as no case weighs over 30kg.

2) 5 cases is fine, as long as you don't exceed your overall allowance.

If you don't pay to select seats you take pot luck. If you check in online the computer will allocate seats for you. If you don't like them, you can pay to change them. If you check in at the airport they can only allocate what's not already booked, so no way of telling if you will all be sat together. It will depend how many people already have allocated seats, and which ones.

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
2. Re: Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

Remember you also have a hand luggage allowance of 5KG each

Berkshire, England
reviews: 59
3. Re: Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

Thomas Cook are very good if they allow 5 cases for 4 people without incurring an extra charge and if you can pool the weight allowance! There is no way you could do that with VA as the weight limit for each case is 23 kg and it's one case per person (in economy) unless you want to pay for extra cases.

Oldham
4. Re: Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

Thanks all. LeylandSunaddict are you totally sure about the luggage?

Thanks

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
5. Re: Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

Yes, I'm totally sure. As long as you don't exceed your overall allowance, pooling between people on the same booking reference is fine as long as no bag exceeds 30kg, and taking 5 cases for 4 people is also fine,

Liverpool
reviews: 8
6. Re: Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

Hi yellowfurbaby,

I second what Leyland has said.

Margaurite

Edited: 3:23 pm, July 27, 2013
7. Re: Thomas Cook baggage questions. Also allocated seat question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 29, 2014