We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how does one world work?

norfolk
reviews: 30
how does one world work?

now that MAS is a full member - is there some way i can get b.a. avios for my MAS flights? probably a stupid question, but i don't really understand it..

UK
reviews: 87
1. Re: how does one world work?

If I fly with American or BA, I can decide under manage my flight or equivalent, which scheme I want my miles credited to simply by puttinga BA or AA FF number in. So I would expect the same facility to be available on the MAS website.

However, since in my (admittedly limited) experience of MAS its website is a malfunctioning shambles, I would guess it will be a long time before they get that facility set up and you should have a backup plan of retaining your original boarding passes and then posting them (or emailing copies of) to BA exec club to claim the Avios. And in that case you do not want to have any MAS frequent flyer number on them or BA may well think you are trying to claim miles twice. Unless against my expectations the MAS system lets you put a BA FF number in, in which case do that but retain the boarding passes as well.

You could also post on the BA exec forum on Flyertalk where there are far more knowledgeable members than me (or most here)

Edited: 8:57 am, July 26, 2013
norfolk
2. Re: how does one world work?

thank you joe. very helpful. yes the website is a bit of a pickle. we like everything else about them though. :-)

Madrid
reviews: 7
3. Re: how does one world work?

When you make a booking,do not log in as an enrich member,continue as a guest.When you get to page 4 of the booking process,which is the names of the travellers,on the right hand side is a drop down box with the various 1 world ff programs,and next to that on the right a box for your BAEC number.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
4. Re: how does one world work?

britishairways.com/travel/…en_gb

norfolk
5. Re: how does one world work?

thank you both

6. Re: how does one world work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 28, 2014