We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

London, United...
reviews: 47
Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

We're flying with TC to Heraklion in September; it's a TC package holiday, if that makes any difference.

I've been looking for information on how long in advance I can do online checkin.

Some places say beween 7 days and 24 hours before, others between 48 and 24 hours before. The TC help pages, though carrying information about OLCI, don't actually mention time limits.

Has anyone done OLCI with TC recently?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

It will probably vary by flight - the easiest way to find out is via the Thomas Cook website.

www.thomascook.com/online-check-in-airlines/

London, United...
2. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

Thanks, Tom, for a very quick reply.

Going in via that link, I'm told OLCI opens Wednesday, 4th September, which is only 48 hours before the flight. So I hope nothing goes wrong.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
3. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

OLCI opens 48 hours prior and closes 24 hours prior. It will tell you exactly when it opens, if you log into your booking @ https:/…hp_topnav_manage_main

Edited: 6:46 am, July 26, 2013
Cambridge UK
reviews: 40
4. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

I think for us (Stansted to Antalya) it was 7 days in advance.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
5. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

You can no longer do OLCI 7 days in advance.

London, United...
6. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

Thanks leyland. It's interesting that while both yours and Tom's link take me straight in to booking reference, if I try to go in via "Manage my Booking' on the website, it either tell me I can't log in if I bought my holiday in-store, or wants a booking reference beginning with 4-digit numeric.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
7. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

If you use the link I posted above you will need a reference that looks like T123456A if you've booked a package holiday.

You can't log into a store booking on www.thomascook.com/payment-and-view-booking/

but for OLCI you need to go to the link I posted, which is the airlines website, and you can log in on there, even when booked in store.

London, United...
8. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

Thanks leyland. I've put that link in my "travel - companies" bookmarks folder. It just seems strange I can't do it from the one place you'd expect to be able to - TC's website "manage my booking".

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
9. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

Thomascook.com 'manage by booking' is the travel agent's site. The other link is for the airline. Submitting API, OLCI, selecting seat numbers etc. has to be done direct with the airline.

London, United...
10. Re: Thomas Cook online checkin - how far in advance?

Thanks - it would be nice if they gave you a warning about that.