We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to refund/rebook a multi- destination ticket

Ho Chi Minh City...
How to refund/rebook a multi- destination ticket

We intend to book the itineraries as below. HOwever, I just worry that if I could refund just one of the itineraries and how to do it. Anyone could give some ideas? Thanks.

1 VN 145H 09AUG F HANLGW HK6 0100 0720 /E

2 BA2582L 12AUG M LGWVCE HK6 0640 0950 /RLBA*6WFMV2 /E

3 AZ1474L 13AUG T VCEFCO HK6 1910 2015 /DCAZ*LXD6WV /E

4 LH 243M 16AUG F FCOFRA HK6 0645 0850 /RLLH*6WFMV2 /E

5 VN 126K 18AUG S FRAHAN HK6 1355 0545 19AUG M /E

3 replies to this topic
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
1. Re: How to refund/rebook a multi- destination ticket

I do not understand. You intend to book the itineraries and are asking about how to get a refund. If you don't want it, don't book it! AND if it is non-refundable, you can not get a refund.

Edited: 12:34 am, July 26, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
2. Re: How to refund/rebook a multi- destination ticket

If you book separate tickets, each airline will have its own rules about refunds. Deeply discounted fares are usually nonrefundable except for taxes.

Rather than fly from Venice to Rome on 13 August, why not take the train? Certainly more environmentally friendly; check www.trenitalia.com for times and fares.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: How to refund/rebook a multi- destination ticket

I would recommend that you NOT book all these flights on one ticket. If you did, and then wanted to change your schedule while in Europe all the remaining flights would be repriced and you'll have to pay a lot more. Plus, if you missed any flight, the ticket would be canceled and you would lose ALL remaining flights, including the return to Vietnam.

And, in this case you don't need to put all the flights on one ticket. You only need (or should) to do that if your onward flight is immediately after an inbound. But you have several days between flights so the chances of missing the next flight due to a delay are minimal to zero.

Here's what I would do. Book your HAN-LGW and FRA-HAN flights on one ticket using open jaw. Then look at your European schedule and book appropriate, separate one way flights. Take TP's advice re the train between Venice and Rome.

You may also find low cost carriers with cheap one ways. EasyJet springs to mind, and they would not have showed up on your multi city search as they don't support interline ticketing with other airlines. But they would be a perfectly good point to point option and operate from LGW and Southend.

Good luck.

Reply to: How to refund/rebook a multi- destination ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted