We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this flight website reliable??

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Is this flight website reliable??

Hello,

Could you please tell me if you have tried the following website

http://www.cheap.flight-deal.org/

I've found good deals but do you know if it is reliable or not??

Thanks

15 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
1. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Discussed here last year and not good in the opinion of most- the word scam was often mentioned

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5791478…

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 78
2. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Doing a search on this site really is not hard tbh...

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Yup, SCAM.

Same modus operandi as the combo linked to in #1. You get to payment method, select credit card, and immediately you're told tbey're temporarily unable to process credit cards so please select another payment message. Those that chose Paypal reported they received an email saying Paypal was out of order and the only way to pay is by bank transfer, where you kiss your money goodbye.

Run run run away from this lot as fast as you can.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Thanks for reply

Unfortunately the prices this website were the best:(

Could you please tell me some good website with cheap prices

I want to go to Ottawa from Kuwait from 25th of August till 20th of September

Thanks

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Hi

The prices you see on the airline websites are generally speaking the best there are. Most of these booking agencies use 'Bait and Switch', offer a deal to good to be true, get your money and then start adding on oodles more charges.

Most common is that the fare you see never actually existed. Then there is the cancellation fee which they keep, probably round £100 ($160) when they double the fare the next day and you don't accept it as well as the near impossibility of getting any of the money back they have already taken.

If it says cheap in the title then avoid it like the plague.

Jackie

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

"Unfortunately the prices this website were the best:("

No they wern't as they were probably MADE UP!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
7. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

>> Could you please tell me some good website with cheap prices <<

Sure, with the emphasis on GOOD - www.ba.com , www.united.com , www.aa.com , www.delta.com , www.kuwaitairways.com , www.emirates.com , www.qatarairways.com , www.etihad.com , www.aircanada.com

In other words, first port of call is to look to book directly with the airline(s). They have the GENUINE fares and will NOT scam you. Next port of call would be a reputable full service travel agent, with a travel expert that will discuss your needs and provide options, and the chance to review the schedule.

Don't be seduced again by that magical word "CHEAP", which seems to cause people lose all sense of reality and mindlessly give away their money for things that aren't there.

All that said, Kudos to you for coming on here and checking first though. You've saved yourself hundreds already.

Edited: 3:08 am, July 26, 2013
Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
8. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Use Skyscanner.net to identify flight options and prices for your dates but do not be seduced by the cheapest prices as they are often these 3rd party sites. Just click on the link to take you direct to the airline website or go there direct yourself.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
9. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Thanks a lot for replies

I need to travel to Kingston in Canada. So, I want to know if there are domestic flights from New York to Kingston because when I'm searching for flight from Kuwait to Kingston, the price will be very high

So, is there any opinion

Thanks

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
10. Re: Is this flight website reliable??

Kingston Ontario is a tiny airport and only has flights to/from Toronto Pearson on Air Canada (turboprops). Your best bet would be to fly to Toronto and rent a car for a 4 hour drive, or take the train.

viarail.ca/en/…toronto-kingston

Alternatively, you could fly to Syracuse NY (in the US), rent a car and drive to Kingston from there using the land border; I've been recommended that by a customer though I've so far only driven from YYZ.

Reply to: Is this flight website reliable??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted