We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways vs Air France

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 7
British Airways vs Air France

Hello,

Just curious as to which Premium Economy is better, Air France or British Airways? I am a six foot tall girl, so any extra legroom would be a great comfort. Other than the legroom, I would just like to know what you guys thought about each airline's PE in general.

Thanks in advance!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: British Airways vs Air France

Here's a thread (two reviews included, one posted today) on AF's premium economy.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12084-k6431106…

I haven't flown either, but there are plenty of regulars on here that have flown BA's World Traveller Plus and I'm sure will be along.

Edited: 1:34 am, July 25, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: British Airways vs Air France

I have only flown BA premium so can't compare it with Air France but you might get some info from reviews on the www.airlinequality.com

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 7
3. Re: British Airways vs Air France

Chrella- Thanks for the link! But I was just wondering what do you personally like about British Airways premium economy?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
4. Re: British Airways vs Air France

I've been flying in WT+ for more than 10 years and have been happy to do so in that time. The 747s are starting to get a bit long in the aileron, and there are no plans to refurbish the cabins on those planes, but the seats are comfortable enough, extra pitch very welcome, and the small cabin (never more than 36 seats) with bulkheads fore and aft makes for a quiet and peaceful journey. The biggest downside of the WT+ seats on the 747s is the leg rest, not as supportive as they could be.

Hot towel service and Club World mains (at main meal) have been a good improvement as well; most flights have a WT+ tuck box in the galley for pax who want a small snack between meals. Crew are good about passing through the cabin with juice and water after lights out.

IFE is decent enough, WT+ pax are offered a newspaper as well, and in a great many flights I've had less than brilliant crew only a very few times.

Overall I've been quite content with WT+; opups or upgrades with Avios are just an extra perk of having paid for that class of service on booking.

5. Re: British Airways vs Air France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 27, 2014