We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

british airways/open skies-bad airline

tolland
british airways/open skies-bad airline

Dear Traveler-I hope no one has an experience like I did trying to travel from Orly in Paris to JFK.I arrived 45min prior to departure and was told I could not board b/c the computer had been shut down 5 minutes prior.The attendant was cold,indifferent and completely unsympathetic.I was refused to speak with a supervisor and told there were no standby seats no flights that evening and the next day all planes were full.Please consider not using British Airways /Open Skies as I hope no other person has an experience like I did. P.S. Had to go to Charles De Gaulle airport and get a flight w/ Air France that cost 1250 Euros to get home

1. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, July 23, 2013
Edited: 9:05 pm, July 23, 2013
London.UK
reviews: 1
2. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

Seriously, you turned up 45 minutes before an international flight was scheduled to depart and expected to get on it ??

This post reeks of WUM to be honest.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

You arrived late. Your fault.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
4. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

'I arrived 45min prior to departure and was told I could not board b/c the computer had been shut down 5 minutes prior.' Arriving 45 minutes before scheduled departure time is rarely considered good form at most airports, but at ORY it's a guarantee to cause beaucoup de maux de tete.

The denied boarding was your fault, not that of Open Skies. If there were mitigating circumstances for your late arrival at ORY then a phone call to the airline, if possible, to say that you would miss check in and to start the 'what can be done?' process would have been useful.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 135
5. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

You cannot arrive a mere 45 minutes prior to an international flight. Two hours is minimum, three hours prior is preferable. 45 minutes is just not enough time to check in, clear security and board.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 88
6. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

Check in for international flight closes 45 minutes before departure for most airlines.

Sadly this is your fault, and your fault alone for being late.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 93
7. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

Your fault i am afraid you cant blame B.A .

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
8. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

As others have said totally your own fault - if you think you can arrive 45 minutes before departure and complete the check in, security processes then it's probably better than you never try to fly again.

Do you think you are important enough for the airline to hold the plane and delay the other passengers who arrived in good time so you could get on board.

Edinburgh
reviews: 4
9. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

While I do sympathise that you missed your flight, it's up to you to make sure you get to check in on plenty of time. Rules are rules and are there for a reason. You can't blame the airline when it's entirely yourself to blame.

uk
reviews: 178
10. Re: british airways/open skies-bad airline

I don't sympathise the OP missed their flight - quite the reverse, because they now know to leave a proper amount of time to connect and so will others reading the posts.