We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern China Airlines

London, United...
Southern China Airlines

Hello,

I'm traveling with Southern China Airlines in October to go to Sydney.

Any feedback form the airline?

Thanks in advance!

12 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Southern China Airlines

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/c_sthrn.htm

Queensland...
2. Re: Southern China Airlines

Don't fly china airlines

Bad service

No communication . Sat on plane for 1 hour 30 before moving.

Poor service. Who gives out warm water as a drink seriously

4 flights never on time at either.

Rude to Australians.

Maybe fly qantas

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: Southern China Airlines

Necro-post by a grumpy newbie.

reviews: 2
4. Re: Southern China Airlines

I have flown with them from Perth WA to their hub Guangzhou, about an 8 hour flight, then onwards to Paris with Air France as a code share on two occasions in the last couple of years. I basically got what I paid for, a very cheap ticket. The planes are older but comfortable. The crew have limited English, I found two crew members on my fights spoke English. When I needed a snack or drink I went to the galley and pointed. The inflight entertainment on that route was the old style ceiling screens. I researched before I left home and took snacks & sweets for my two young teen girls & a portable DVD player which kept them amused, I read so my kindle kept me entertained. More recently I have travelled MAS, I have found their flight prices competitive and service and layovers more suitable. If you are only saving a bit on Southern China compared to the other Asian airlines I would think again.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: Southern China Airlines

"Necro-post by a grumpy newbie."

And posting about the wrong airline. China Airlines is Taiwanese, and nothing to do with China Southern.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
6. Re: Southern China Airlines

"Necro-post by a grumpy newbie."

And posting about the wrong airline. China Airlines is Taiwanese, and nothing to do with China Southern.

Gypsytraveller, a fair review from you, unlike the one above you.

Taunton, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Southern China Airlines

Had the worst experience ever on this flight.I flew from Guangzhou to London in May2014.

I had an awful experience with my flight meal, where I had chosen chicken with rice.Whilst I was eating this I had an awful bitter taste in my mouth so took out to what I thought was chicken but to my horror was to be a used cigerette filter tip.

The complaint was logged, in which the cabin crew were really good however I did raise a complaint in which I am disgusted how this has been dealt with.I am however now raising this issue with environmental health because of how this matter has been left and I wouldnt want anyone experiencing what I did.This ruined my long flight home.Every plane I go on now I will be taking my own food.This memory will always haunt me.If this situation was resolved in a correct way I woukd never be taking this further

Auckland Region...
reviews: 72
8. Re: Southern China Airlines

Their business class product seems to get good reviews, but i hear that a lot of tour groups use them in economy , so could be loud.

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 136
9. Re: Southern China Airlines

Awful experience for Post 7, however with over 14 million passengers per year flying out of CAN, I am sure the odds are in your favour that you too will not need to digest a cigarette filter - though, to be fair, anything tastes great in sweet and sour sauce!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
10. Re: Southern China Airlines

#7 has leveled the same accusation against Air China, so either they're confused about about which airline they flew or are carelessly spraying forums with the same complaint - tripadvisor.co.uk/…59005989

(although as this one says they flew from CAN that does point to CZ)

Reply to: Southern China Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted