We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

reviews: 4
short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

Hi, I'm booking an etihad airlines plane that goes from abu dabi to koh samui through a very Short connection in Bangkok which is 70 minutes, the boarding would have been already done so I don't think they will need me to check luggage but they will want to check the passport I think and in don't know the distance between international arrival and domestic departure, all Iknow is they are in opposite sides in different levels (2 & 4), do you think I should book this flight or is it too risky? Any hints are very much appreciated

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
1. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

You can't book a ticket from Abu Dhabi to Koh Samui on their website so are you booking 2 seperate tickets?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 71
2. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

You can book from Abu Dhabi to Koh Samui on Etihad website, flying Etihad to Bangkok changing to Bangkok Airways to Samui. Although two airlines as it is offered by Etihad it will be one ticket with your luggage going straight through from Abu Dhabi to Koh Samui so you would stay in transit in Bangkok with staff there to get you to your onward flight. In the event that your Etihad flight is delayed and you miss your Bangkok Airways connection you will be put on the next available flight.

If you do not want to be so rushed in Bangkok, booking a flight with longer connection.

3. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

Yes actually I booked the tickets from their website. The full trip is cairo to samui with transits in both AD and Bangkok.

I think as you say I won't have to check my luggage at bkk but i don't know the procedures at the bkk airport and the distance between the international arrival and the domestic departures. I was hoping to get some info on these

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 71
4. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

When you arrive in Bangkok just proceed towards Immigration. There are signs pointing to Transit and staff on hand to help you. There is a special route to get between International Arrivals and Departures for transit passengers which the staff are trained to assist passengers with. It is very straightforward. Here is a link to maps of the terminal http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/33

and here is a link to a FAQ on the Thailand Forum complete with pics advising on how to make connections tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k442…

Nuremberg, Germany
5. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

Follow the signs "Transit Phuket, Samui, Chiang Mai..." (and not the signs to the baggage claim area). Just before the transfer area is the Bangkok Airways Transfer Counter. You can get your boarding pass if you do not yet have it. Then proceed to passport and security check. After that go to Gate A3 where you find the complementary Bangkok Airways lounge for economy passenger.

For all of this you stay all the time on level 2.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
6. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

Done that several times. Immigration at BKK, customs at USM. You'll need to walk fast and won't probably have time to stop by the lounge (yes, even for economy passengers). Since Bangkok Airways people are very efficient, it is even possible they'll wait for you at the arrival gate. And if your plane is late, they'll rebook you on the next available one. So no worries.

Enjoy Samui

7. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

Thanks everyone, I hope it will be enough time

8. Re: short connection 70 mins in bkk to samui from international

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 28, 2014