We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas Club - worth it?

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 5
Qantas Club - worth it?

Hi All,

Hubby & I are flying Qantas to Frankfurt from Melbourne 13th September returning 5th October. Flight over is code share with Emirates. My question is - I have the opportunity to purchase a Qantas Club membership at a reduced rate through work and I'm wondering if it will be worth it? And could someone explain what it actually entities us to?

Thanks in advance =)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 52
1. Re: Qantas Club - worth it?

We have membership and we are considering letting it lapse. Since the BA split access to clubs has changed drastically. There is no access to Emirates clubs except in Dubai, so I'm presuming you would get access to AA Clubs ... and are they in the correct terminal in Frankfurt?

Up until very recently you could get a quick meal and snack at any time of day ... due to cutbacks the meals are now only in place at actual meal times ... which is local time no matter how hungry you may be.

So we have done our sums and realized those cups of coffee and soup is incredibly expensive ... the access to a shower on long haul is nice though.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
2. Re: Qantas Club - worth it?

If you're doing only this one flight with QF and you don't fly regularly in Australia then even at the corporate rate, its a lot to pay for an hour or two in a lounge somewhere.

Other than lounge access, there's no real benefit to joining. You have to be flying business class to get priority passes through immigration.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 38
3. Re: Qantas Club - worth it?

I'm with able and eva.

Yes the showers and a place to relax is nice before/after long haul. Yes, you are entitled to free snacks and beverages, but at what cost? How much discount is your work offering for the membership?

The only reason I've held on is due to the frequency of use for Tokyo and Hong Kong, but still not convinced its worthwhile.

I think in Frankfurt, the JAL Sakura Lounge access is still valid in Terminal 2, which is the same Terminal for Emirates.

Edited: 2:25 am, July 16, 2013
Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Qantas Club - worth it?

So what do you get for your money????

* Priority check in - now that almost everyone does on line check in this is of dubious value.

* Extra baggage (10kg) in economy and premium economy - not worth it for me but could be good for some?

* Priority telephone - I actually can't tell the difference between the Priority service when I use my husband's QC number and the standard service when I use my FF number.

* Lounge access - at times the lounge can be an oasis with quiet comfortable seats, hot showers, free internet, hot food and drinks. However if the lounge is crowded and noisy and you can't get a seat and there is no food you start to wonder if it might be nicer outside?

qantas.com.au/travel/…at-the-airport

Like the previous posters we are currently trying to decide whether to renew or not.

Edited: 6:38 am, July 16, 2013
Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 5
5. Re: Qantas Club - worth it?

Thanks so much everyone! I think you've helped me decide to give it a miss. Maybe a helicopter

Ride over Munich instead!

Thanks all!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 185
6. Re: Qantas Club - worth it?

Well, I would not be so quick. It all depends on how many times you will use it on the flights and how much of a discount you are getting. I find the clubs great, especially on the stop overs from Europe to Aus where you can get out of the plane, have a shower, something to eat and drink. I have NEVER in my years to travel had a lounge that was so full you could not sit. Perhaps it happens but I have never seen it....

If you get a big discount, and can afford it, then I think it gives you some great advantages and makes the travel experience much nicer, in my view.....

7. Re: Qantas Club - worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 18, 2014