We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

Wylye
Level Contributor
26 posts
52 reviews
Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

We will be travelling to California with our 7 year old granddaughter next year, cannot decide between BA & Virgin - any suggestions?

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
225 reviews
1. Re: Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

It's been a few years since we flew as a family and always used to choose Virgin. It was some how more fun.They had a good kids pack and movies etc. However Virgin has deteriorated seriously in the last ten years (in my opinion) so would find it hard to choose now. My wife and I (now without kids) prefer BA now.

So probably not much between them and I'd base it on costs and timings etc.

South West UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

Would agree with post #1 - very little to choose between the two.

BA does fly from T5 which is streets ahead of T3 at LHR

If I was making the choice it would be based on costs and Dep / Arr flight times - T5 might just sway me over to BA though

Jon B

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,413 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

Which class of travel?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8,311 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

I would pick whichever has the best price and schedule for your needs. The service levels of the major airlines are simply not that different to justify paying a lot extra or taking an inconvenient time.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
38,601 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

Class of travel makes a big difference. In economy, they are going to be more similar than different. Look at pricing and schedule that best fit your needs.

6. Re: Which airline from LHR to SFO for a child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 17, 2014