We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Way - London to Adelaide

South Australia
reviews: 6
One Way - London to Adelaide

Can anyone advise the best time to book a one way fare from London to Adelaide.

We will be travelling to London via cruise ship and therefore only require a one way fare home.

We will be flying at the end of May 2014. We would like to have a stop over in Hong Kong if possible. Cathay Pacific fare is about AUD$1,400.

Any suggestions regarding booking sights or airlines.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: One Way - London to Adelaide

Firstly speak to your cruise line as they may have access to decent one way fares.

As to .... >> Any suggestions regarding booking sights or airlines.<< ..... If by that you mean booking sites, I would book directly with the airline (unless the cruise line themselves can come up with a good deal). If you do need to use a third party, make sure you use a reputable full service travel agent rather than third party online bookers, of which there are endless tales of woe on this forum (both at booking and after sales support).

And don't forget to visit the incredibly helpful Hong Kong forum for advice on where to stay, things to do.

Penryn, United...
reviews: 6
2. Re: One Way - London to Adelaide

probably be better getting a return , usually works out cheaper than a single on its own

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 222
3. Re: One Way - London to Adelaide

As #1 says-book it through your Cruise line as they all have exceptional one way deals for their passengers.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: One Way - London to Adelaide

$1400 AUD is not too bad for what you want. Cathy flights to HK are direct and the cheeapest one way from London to Adelaide I can see around then are circa $1000 but that is via Dubai. I think Cathy, BA and Virgin are the only direct carriers to HK from London.

You could take a flight to HK on Turkish via Isanbul from around $650 AUD and then Malaysia via KUL to Adelaide from around $530 but then that is only going to save you $200 each and that is on tw indirect flights so I would say snap the Cathy fare up if it is still going. Otherwise think of stopping over somewhere else.

5. Re: One Way - London to Adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 16, 2014