We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 59
EasyJet

Easyjet are unlike other airlines, they are extremely tough with both check in and carry baggage. The excess charges for baggage is very expensive, don't think you can sneak a 2nd bag through, you won't.

They consider a small woman's shoulder bag as a carry on, so please don't expect a small handbag and a small carry on to get through, it will cost you a minimum of $50E.

Clearly the ploy here is to offer cheap tickets and charge excessively for baggage- be aware!!

No longer easy jet- it should be called Hard-Jet

134 replies to this topic
Somerset, UK
reviews: 225
1. Re: EasyJet

If you think Easyjet is bad, you should try Ryanair.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
2. Re: EasyJet

They clearly publish the rules, you ignore them and it's their fault

Still I give you points for being concise and to the point

UK
reviews: 90
3. Re: EasyJet

Clearly the ploy here is to offer cheap tickets and charge excessively for baggage- be aware!!

=======

Yeh, they are so sneaky, they even clearly publish it on their website, making it very clear that one carry on means one carry on. So much so, they even put "ONE" in capitals.

I guess they are just looking to catch out people who are confused by the concept of "ONE"

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 34
4. Re: EasyJet

Why do people complain when the carry on restrictions are clear, everyone ticks the 'read the T & C's' but many obviously don't read them. I think they are a good carrier and would not hesitate to use them. Only complain if you fail to read the terms and conditions if you fail to read the conditions of your ticket.

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 74
5. Re: EasyJet

Yes hard to miss the baggage restrictions at every point of the EZY booking process.

Still top marks for comedy value.

And thank goodness they do enforce their baggage policy. One of the many reasons they are my preferred LCC.

(we all work for them obviously, before you try that one btw).

Edited: 2:19 pm, July 13, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
6. Re: EasyJet

Gotta agree with the majority here. I used to fly Monarch (ok, ok !) but moved to Easyjet and they have been absolutely brilliant on my last few flights. On time, excellent customer service (i hate flying), and as others have said everything is there to see, the charges, the baggage limits etc - not rocket science.

Also, how do you think they can afford to offer such low fares? Because they make money from people who don't or can't be bothered to read the T's n C's - SIMPLES!!

Best LCC by far IMO !! - oh, and the CC are easy on the eye too ;-)

CB

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 42
7. Re: EasyJet

I usually get regular e-mails reminding me about their baggage policies before a flight.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
8. Re: EasyJet

If you had worn your small shoulder bag underneath a coat you 'may' have sneaked it through.

If your small shoulder bag is in fact a whopper of a handbag then probably not.

However, complying with the ticket conditions that you have purchased is always the best option.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
9. Re: EasyJet

>>Easyjet are unlike other airlines<<

No really they are not.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 56
10. Re: EasyJet

Of course, placing the small shoulder bag _inside_ the carry on bag makes it one carry on, did that option not occur to you?

Reply to: EasyJet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted