We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

BBC News Report of technical issues which required the plane to return to Manchester Airport.

Not a good day for the Dreamliner with the unconnected fire at LHR as well.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23296073

London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

Reading one of the articles, this appears to be the 6th incident that has grounded the planes over the last few weeks since they entered service ( inc the ehtiooian flight fire today).

Concerning.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

Let's see what really happened before we start judging.

Cardiff
reviews: 15
3. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

I'm due to fly on the Dreamliner in 6 weeks time, I'm starting to feel quite nervous now.

wirral
reviews: 74
4. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

Well it must be a worry to Thomson who have made a major advertising play on Dreamliner to US and Central America.And hundreds of readers of this forum are very keen to know what the flying experience is like on Dreamliner.

5. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 13, 2013
reviews: 2
6. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

I'm due fly on Thomson's Dreamliner later this month (25th). I have no worries with regards to safety. Everything that has happened so far has being dealt with quickly. Yes these are problems that shouldn't occur. Also info from a thread in the Orlando section says the Thomson flight from Manchester was turned around due to a toilet lighting problem.

australia
reviews: 17
7. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

the Thomson flight from Manchester was turned around due to a toilet lighting problem.>>>>that area is confining enough but without the lights!

London, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

Would not be keen on using the loo in the dark. Bad enough in the light when you can actually see the mess you are standing in:-))

Hans dien, not sure who you are talking to, but there was no judgement in my comment, it was factual, sixth time they have been grounded ( for a variety of different issues) in the last few weeks since entering service.

As to what caused these two latest issues, no clue. However it would concern me if I was due on one any time soon.

London.UK
reviews: 1
9. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

<< Lets see what really happened before we start judging >>

I would usually agree with you Hans_DEN ( post #2 ), but the confirmed reports of a fire on board an empty B787 at Heathrow yesterday evening are quite disturbing. The fire damage is clearly evident in some pictures.

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand Liens post , what is the point you are trying to make exactly Lien ?

Derby, United...
reviews: 33
10. Re: Thompson Dreamliner forced to return to Manchester

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand Liens post , what is the point you are trying to make exactly Lien ?

Southern Hemisphere Jealousy/Ignorance ??????