We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esta address

Hants, UK
reviews: 17
Esta address

We are flying into JFK and will be visiting people in New Haven and other places for a few days, before driving to WA.

Does it matter which address we put, will they question a WA address ( which is the one we usually put) when we are flying into JFK

London, UK
reviews: 120
1. Re: Esta address

I don't believe they will question that, no. ESTAs are valid for any number of entries during a 2 year period and although you can update your US address online for each visit, doing so is not compulsory and I have never bothered. My ESTA gives a hotel address in Phoenix because that was where I was going to be staying when I first applied for it, but I've entered the US since through at least 3 other cities in completely different states without difficulty. Immigration often ask where you are going and why while they're processing you, but that's all, and they don't try to tie it up with what's on the ESTA.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
2. Re: Esta address

It is not mandatory to put an address on an ESTA. Don't worry about it. We have flown masses of times on our ESTAs and never updated any flights/hotels etc as that info is collected in your API (Advance Passenger Information) by the airline before you fly. All they need on the ESTA are your personal/passport details.

Hants, UK
reviews: 17
3. Re: Esta address

Thanks folks, I thought as much but wanted to be sure.

South Pole
reviews: 39
4. Re: Esta address

u just need to put your actual address of your first night's stay in your entry card (customs form). doesn't matter that it wont match the one in your esta application

Berkshire, England
5. Re: Esta address

We don't fill out entry cards any more lien as we complete API before we fly to the USA from the UK. The airline sends all this info over to them before the plane leaves. I guess it is different if you are flying from Australia?

Edited: 3:00 pm, July 11, 2013
South Pole
6. Re: Esta address

u don't fill out a customs card?

hard to believe.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
7. Re: Esta address

You still need to fill out the customs declaration form you get given on the plane.

South Pole
8. Re: Esta address

and u need to put your actual usa address on that form.....that was the point of my post.

post #5 didn't seem to get that.

Berkshire, England
9. Re: Esta address

Whoops, you are correct about the address on the customs form lien! We do fill out a customs form but not a green form any more!

10. Re: Esta address

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 13, 2014