We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2

Leeds, United...
reviews: 4
Jet2

I booked my holiday in the Thomas cook travel agents, but my holiday package is with jet2. I read somewhere on-line that jet2 don't send you tickets? And you just have your booking number on hand at check-in.I don't know if this is true'? I've never flown with jet2 before! So I've always been able to pick my tickets up from te travel agents. Can any one let me know if this is true? And how jet2 go about with proceessing tickets. Thank you in advance :(

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Jet2

Jet2 normally email everything out. Anything they send will go direct to the agent you booked through.

London, United...
reviews: 47
2. Re: Jet2

Very few package holiday companies or low cost carriers supply actual tickets these days. Which is a pity - I used to love the thrill of opening the envelope with the tickets, luggage labels and various other bits and pieces.

You'll usually have already supplied the passengers' passport details :

==========================================

Jet2.com is legally required to provide advance passenger information for all passengers departing from and arriving into the UK. In order to comply with this you need to provide Jet2.com with accurate passport data. You may provide this data any time between the time of your booking and 5 hours before departure. You can provide this data under the Manage My Booking section of the website, through our call centre or at check-in.

=========================================

so all you need is your booking reference, or, in theory, just your passport. I know, it's not the same, is it?

Edited: 11:46 am, July 11, 2013
Leeds, United...
3. Re: Jet2

It's rubbish to be honest :( I don't understand the bit where it says provide passenger passport details :/ I've done that when I booked my holiday havent I?

Thanks for the info

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
4. Re: Jet2

What's rubbish?? They're referring to advance passenger information, which you don't supply when you book your holiday. You just log into your booking online and fill it in.

London, United...
reviews: 47
5. Re: Jet2

Didn't you go to Turkey last September and again in May this year? How did you cope with API and tickets on those flights?

Leeds, United...
6. Re: Jet2

All this online thing. Yes I went to bodrum a few years back and went to kavos last year. But I got to pick my tickets up straight from the travel agents. And they was there for me. I have always flown with Thomas cook and monarch so all this is new to me.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 789
7. Re: Jet2

Check with Thomas Cook and ask whats happening,I presume you have booked through one of their high street shops, and if thats the case they should give you all thee info, you may even get a print out of an E-ticket.

Jet2 will have a booking reference for the flight usually a 6 figure alpha/numeric figure and this is what you will need when checking in.With jet2 you can check in online from 28 days before you fly and this also includes your return flights.

Leeds, United...
8. Re: Jet2

Thanks. I'm going to give them a call today and see what they say x

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 789
9. Re: Jet2

BTW Jet 2 are one of the better low cost carriers, I am a frequent flyer with them and never had a major problem, generous 22kg baggage allowance and 10 kg cabin allowance.Check to see that Thomas cook have included a baggage allowance or you may find your are having to fork out for some.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
10. Re: Jet2

I have not used or been issued a paper ticket for any airline in many years, they just don't do it any more. Don't really see the problem, at least if you don't have tickets then you can't lose them or risk the dog eating them.

Just for fun you can create your own tickets here http://omatic.musicairport.com/ no Jet2 though ;-)