We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

£5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
£5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

Easy jet seems to now add £5 extra to their flight prices if you don't return with them.

Do you think there's a chance that this dual pricing of flights might be found to be anti-competitive by the EU, as it discourages consumers from using one airline out and a different one back.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
29,438 posts
1. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

Examples would help

uk
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
264 reviews
2. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

It's not anti competitive.

It's called "invitation to treat" and underpins all consumer contracts i.e. they offer A if B, or D if E and then it's up to people whether or not to accept the offer on the table or not.

It's no different really to finding that a single flight is more expensive than a discounted return.

uk
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
73 reviews
3. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

As Jeremy mentions, it is very common for a single flight to cost a lot more than a return.

The £5 premium EasyJet charges is tiny compared to most legacy scheduled airlines.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,469 posts
177 reviews
4. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

I agee £5 is still pretty reasonable when you compare booking single tickets as oposed to a return.

London
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

Agree examples would help. Just did couple dummy bookings and no indication of extra charge for one way.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
17,677 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

I have recently (in the last 3 months) made one way EZY flights and did not notice at any point a £5 charge. Concrete example would indeed help.

wirral
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
88 reviews
7. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

I am unaware of this charge.Does it really exist?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
29,545 posts
75 reviews
8. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

I have searched the internet and the EZY site. No indication whatsoever of a change in policy or this charge. Methinks its BS.

London
Level Contributor
7,730 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

Must have time on my hands just did another dummy booking and can see what the op means. Booking for return flight it gives the outward prices and return prices - if I book just one way that same outward fare is 5 pounds more. This was dummy booking for Barcelona in September.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: £5 Easyjet surcharge if you don't return with them

KLM do this and have done for years. If I book a return to Amsterdam with them I can get it for £100 if I book two singles it has been as much as £550.

I only use KLM as an example many airlines do this.

£5.00 is hardly excessive.

:-)