We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance

Plzen Region, Czech...
reviews: 12
Travel insurance

Hi.

Because I haven´t flown many times in my life, I would really appreciate help with this problem.

Me and my parents are flying from Prague to Edinburgh and back in August. We fly there with Easyjet and back with Jet2, because the times were more convenient than flying just with one of them.

I already booked the flight there with Easyjet and I also paid for an insurance they offer during booking, which should cover baggage loss, cancellation of flight etc. But for our flight back I am a bit confused. From what I´ve seen, Jet2 doesn´t offer insurance during booking, but you have to buy it extra? Is that right?

If so, is it a good insurance? Or should I look for another one? Is it even possible to have insurance from some company for your flight? We will have special insurance for our trip by our insurance company. I am mostly worried about insuring the flight itself (lost baggage, cancellation, delayed flight).

I am sorry if some of my question seem dumb, but I don´t fly a lot and am a bit confused.

Thank you.

Madrid
reviews: 7
1. Re: Travel insurance

I think travel insurance offered by airlines or travel agents represent poor value.You can find much better deals from pure insurance companies.

Like all insurance,they will try to find ways not to pay claims.Sometimes you need to be firm with them.

Plzen Region, Czech...
2. Re: Travel insurance

So I can arrange an insurance for my flight with some other company? It is not a problem?

Madrid
reviews: 7
3. Re: Travel insurance

You are free to choose the insurer that suits you best.I travel a lot and have insurance through american express,who use AXA,but many other companies provide reliable travel insurance.

Sometimes you can find annual insurance for the price airlines charge for a single trip.

Melbourne
reviews: 1
4. Re: Travel insurance

I take travel insurance from the same company who insure my house and car. I've read the fine print and they provide the best cover for me. So you could start with a company you already know and then compare products.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
5. Re: Travel insurance

When you say "We will have special insurance for our trip by our insurance company", does this not include your flights? My travel insurance always includes flights as well as what happens in between.

Plzen Region, Czech...
6. Re: Travel insurance

Thanks to everyone for answering:

re: YorkFoodie

I am actually looking into our insurance right now. We have some kind of whole-year-insurance-for-travelling-abroad from the company providing our bank account. So I will study the terms and conditions of that and come back if I don´t find anything useful.

Thanks again.

Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 5
7. Re: Travel insurance

Agree with Yorkfoodie. I would have thought that you would already be covered by your travel insurance without having to take any more from the airlines.

Plzen Region, Czech...
8. Re: Travel insurance

Hi.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

I checked our insurance and it should be all right! I am sorry for my kind of unnecessary question!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
9. Re: Travel insurance

No problem, glad we could help put your mind at rest and save you further unnecessary expense. And no doubt someone else out there will read this and be helped too.

10. Re: Travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 12, 2014