We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book Dec 28-Jan 5 flights return BUF/YYZ to MIA/FLL

Ontario
When to book Dec 28-Jan 5 flights return BUF/YYZ to MIA/FLL

I am holding a cruise sailing on Dec 29th and am looking for the cheapest air.

It seems that all the air prices are EXTREMELY high (even this far in advance). I am looking to fly from BUF or YYZ (Toronto) to MIA or FLL, leaving on Dec. 28th and returning on Jan. 5th.

In people's experience, do the flights ever drop in price closer to December? Right now it is looking at around $850+ for round trip...which seems very high this far in advance. I am aware it is a pricey time to travel...but I did not expect it to be this pricey.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
1. Re: When to book Dec 28-Jan 5 flights return BUF/YYZ to MIA/FLL

Flights from Ontario/Upstate NY to Florida , on a weekend, around Xmas and N Years will always be expensive. I would imagine that Sunday Jan 5th is a very busy day for flights back north and it looks like many flights have sold out of the cheaper seats. I don't see flights getting cheaper at all--getting sold out is more likely

Just coming back on Monday Jan 6th would save you $200 vs coming back Jan 5th (for AC Miami-Toronto)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
2. Re: When to book Dec 28-Jan 5 flights return BUF/YYZ to MIA/FLL

As said above, you are flying a very expensive time. Friends who used to go to Florida during that time period would book as soon as tickets were available. I would say, you should have booked yesterday!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
3. Re: When to book Dec 28-Jan 5 flights return BUF/YYZ to MIA/FLL

This is one of the busiest times for the airlines so don't expect fares to drop.

4. Re: When to book Dec 28-Jan 5 flights return BUF/YYZ to MIA/FLL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 10, 2014